Pushy And Rude

Renee was standing by the OR board studying her surgeries for the day when the new head of Cardiothoracic surgery, Erica Hahn, came with a file in her hand and an eraser and a marker and started erasing names off of the board

Renee was standing by the OR board studying her surgeries for the day when the new head of Cardiothoracic surgery, Erica Hahn, came with a file in her hand and an eraser and a marker and started erasing names off of the board. Renee was about to say something when Mark walked up to the board and exchanged eye contact with Renee after looking at Erica, Renee just shrugged and shook her head.

"Hey, I'm taking Meredith Grey from you this week. Her mother was a good surgeon, and I want to see what she's like," Erica said as she erases Yang's name and replaces it with Meredith's name.

"Well, that's not how it works here. You get assigned a resident. There's a schedule," Mark replied but she continued changing it.

"Well, the schedule doesn't take into account certain things,"

"Like what?

"Like the fact that I don't want Yang,"

"You can't just change your resident just because you don't like them, you have to deal with it," Renee said without looking up from her chart, Erica looked at her before looking back at Mark who just gave a shrug but smiled behind her back.

"You can have Stevens. She's good, and I'm sure Shepherd won't mind," Erica said walking away, just as Derek walked in.

"Won't mind what?" He asked.

"Oh, she's sassy," Mark said as he eyed her.

"She's a woman of substance. You two have nothing in common," Renee laughed as Derek said that and rolled his eyes before he looked at Renee for clarification.

"She took Meredith off of Mark's service and offered Steven's instead,"

"Oh, I'm late. I had to drop off the chief's dry cleaning," Derek sighed.

"You're doing his laundry?"

"We're helping each other out," Derek said.

"Yeah? What's he doing?"

"He has an extensive DVD collection,"

"You're like Chief's bitch, his personal bitch," Renee laughed as she patted Derek sympathecially on the back before walking off. 

"You're dating the chief,"

Mark watched Erica Hahn perform her surgery, Yang was sitting beside him pissed off after she was removed from Cardio that week, there was something about Erica which attracted him, a lot, the way she didn't take crap from anybody and took everything in her own hands. He looked over at Yang to see her glaring at surgeon performing the surgery with anger and disappointment in her eyes, Yang was no doubt the best of the first year resident surgeons and had a gift for cardio, Mark felt a little bad for her, little.

"Hahn took my O.R. She's pushy," Mark said with a flat tone.

"Pushy and rude," Yang responded.

"Is she doing a stapled tractotomy?" He asked, he was clearly impressed.