Mark and Ren

Seattle had left Renee with no schedule of any sort, her sleep schedule was messed up, sure being a surgeon meant you'd be called at any given time but her emergency calls were getting frequent and these emergency calls were particularly difficult...

Seattle had left Renee with no schedule of any sort, her sleep schedule was messed up, sure being a surgeon meant you'd be called at any given time but her emergency calls were getting frequent and these emergency calls were particularly difficult for Ilaria who had to be woken up from a nap whenever Renee needed to go the hospital. 

Renee groaned as her pager went off at 5 am which was two hours before her daily call, she checked it and she wasn't surprised at the 9-1-1 from her department, she quickly changed and picked Ilaria up before driving to the hospital. Her head was throbbing from the lack of sleep and her daughter's crying wasn't helping her either, she messaged her head as they reached the parking lot which to no one's surprise was empty. She quickly unbuckled Ilaria from her car seat and briskly walked towards the surgical floor where she was immediately greeted by Avan who had been on call that night and he quickly explained everything. 

"Can you call someone from the Daycare to take her up please?" Renee asked Avan as he quickly nodded and paged someone and surely within the next couple of minutes, Missy from the daycare arrived.

"I didn't have time to pick anything up," Renee said as she handed Ilaria to Missy.

"Don't worry, Dr Foster, we have extra supplies," Missy said as she took Ilaria with her. With a sigh, Renee looked at Avan as he gestured towards the patient's ward where her patient had coded. After doing a thorough examination, they had decided to perform surgery within the next couple of hours. 

"Go get me a coffee. Bone dry cappuccino," Renee said to one of the interns, Sadie. The interns were banned from doing or assisting any surgeries after they tried to perform illegal surgeries on each other. If you would've asked Renee, she would have preferred if the interns were fired from the hospital.

"Bone dry cappuccino? You're speaking my language," Mark smirked as he appeared beside her with Lexie following him.

"What are you drinking?"

"Bone dry cappuccino," 

"Have you drank it?"

"No, hey!" Mark exclaimed as Renee pulled the coffee cup out of his hand and drank it.

"Don't fret, the intern's getting it,"

"She has a name, Saddie Harris, Dr Harris," Lexie said timidly.

"Well, the things you interns have done in the past few days have lost the right to call yourselves doctors," 

Mark looked between Renee and Lexie, he watched as Lexie's face fell and the intern looked on the verge of tears, he gave Renee a look to which she merely shrugged, sure the interns had done a terrible thing but they were already regretting it and Richard had even banned them from the OR. He looked at Lexie and sent her to get him a muffin and see where his coffee was at, the timid intern quickly nodded and walked off.