Mess

Renee Foster sat in her cabin watching the thunder as she waited for her best friend, Derek Shepherd to finish his consult on one of their patients, a 45-year-old man with a tumour in his head which was sitting on his optic nerve and required very...

Renee Foster sat in her cabin watching the thunder as she waited for her best friend, Derek Shepherd to finish his consult on one of their patients, a 45-year-old man with a tumour in his head which was sitting on his optic nerve and required very complicated surgery. Addison was at home, there had been a fight between Derek and Addison which was something which was happening quite frequently nowadays.

"Ready to go?"

"I have been ready for an hour, is the tumour benign or malignant?

"It's benign but I am afraid if we don't do it carefully, he might lose his vision,"

"I am sure you'll do everything you can, let's go home, I need to stop by your place first, I need to pick some books,"

"Sure, when did Mark leave?"

"He went two hours before, I think, we needed a few furniture for the living room,"

"How's that going, moving in?"

"Stressful, I didn't know he was so picky," She said as she sat in the car.

The car ride was comfortable, to say the least, perhaps it was the sign of calm before the storm. Derek parked the car in the driveway as both of them got out, their clothes were getting wet as the rain fell. Entering the house they found it quiet, perhaps because it was late and Addison had gone to bed.

"Come on, the books are upstairs," Derek said.

When they went upstairs, they found the light of Derek's and Addison's bedroom on indicating she was still awake.

"Hey, Addi-" Derek opened the door to the sight he wished he hadn't seen.

"Derek, do you have-" Renee fell silent as she watched her boyfriend and her best friend's wife, together in bed, naked.

"We can explain," Mark scattered out of the bed covering himself with a sheet. Renee stared at him, her eyes were filling with tears but she couldn't let them fall, she couldn't give him the satisfaction.

"Ren, let's go, REN!!" Derek took Renee's hand as they went down the stairs with Mark and Addison following them.

"Derek please," Addison said as she cried. She took Derek's face in the hands as she tried to apologize to him.

"Ren-" Mark tried to talk to his girlfriend who didn't even look at him.

"Stay away, Mark, stay away," Derek stood in front of Renee who broke down, her head resting between his shoulder blades. Mark couldn't see her but Derek could feel her sobs.

"Please, stay away," Derek said as he took Renee's hand and dragging her out of the house and towards the car with Mark's and Addison's apologises echoing in the background.