Fighters

Derek had offered a spot to plant Issac's tree which overlooked the river, Renee, Derek and Mark stood there looking at the small heap of mud in which they had planted the seed and the ashes

Derek had offered a spot to plant Issac's tree which overlooked the river, Renee, Derek and Mark stood there looking at the small heap of mud in which they had planted the seed and the ashes. Mark and Derek stood on either side of Renee as she continued to stare at it, she blinked furiously trying to push the tears away.

"You can cry you know," Derek said as he ran his hand over her head.

"I know, I just don't want to cry anymore,"

"You don't have too," Mark said.

"He was-He became my rock you know, I ran away to England after finding of you and Addison, it became too much to handle, he tried convincing me to forgive you or call you, I couldn't. He was there for me all the time, just a call away," Renee whispered as Derek rubbed her back comforting her.

"He deserved you and you deserved him," Mark said as he took a step forwards and pressed a kiss to her temple before walking away.

"When you first got into a relationship with Meredith, did some part of you still loved Addison?"

"Yes, it was stuck on her,"

Renee was sitting in the gallery watching Dr Hahn performing the surgery on Mr O'Malley, the surgery was supposed to be an easy one but Mr O'Malley had crashed right before going into the operation. Dr Hahn continued to do surgery as Renee walked outside towards the waiting area where there was a coffee cart. She waited for coffee when she was Mrs O'Malley sitting in one of the chairs, he hands folded together as though they were praying. Ordering one more coffee she went and sat next to Mrs O'Malley silently as she waited for the older lady to finish her prayer. After a few minutes, it seemed as if she had finished her prayer and noticed Renee sitting next to her.

"I brought you coffee," She said as she passed the coffee.

"Thank you, dear,"

"You should get some rest, your husband's not going to be out of surgery for another few hours,"

"I can't, it makes me nervous, I am better doing some work,"

"I am the same way," 

"We have been married for 40 years, you know, I just think that one second he'll be here and the next second he's gone," Renee took her Mrs O'Malley's hand and held it tightly giving her silent support.

"Yeah,"

"You have a boyfriend?" Mrs O'Malley asked.

"No,"

"Why not?"

"He was in Syria for the British Army, died two months ago when Syria was attacked by the terrorists,"

"I am sorry, dear, how long were you together?"

"About two years,"

"That's -"