Come Together

Mark looked at Renee who was watching out of the car window, she had to go down to the adoption agency for an interview and he could see she was getting quite anxious about the entire thing, he grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze before giving her a smile. They had been going steadily and things were going great for them, he was really happy that they were giving Mark and Ren another chance and he was really happy that he had refused to sleep with Lexie that night. 

"You'll be fine, stop worrying," he said as he looked over at her, she was still biting the skin on her thumb, he quickly slapped it to prevent from chewing her skin raw.

"What if something goes wrong? What if they find my juvenile records?"

"I thought they erased your records when you turned 18?"

"They did but if-"

"Ren, just relax, you'll be fine, you're amazing with her and anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot,"

"I honestly appreciate you being here Mark, I truly do," Renee said as she grabbed his hand.

"I might need something more to see your appreciation," Mark smirked.

"How about.....you...me and a bathtub or a bed,"

"Oh, I like where your mind goes,"

With a deep breath Renee and Mark got out of the car, she grabbed his hand as she took another deep breath before nodding to herself.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yes, come on," 

"You'll be great. Don't worry," Mark said as he pressed a kiss to her lips before they both entered the office.

"Dr Foster?" The receiptionist called out her name. They had been waiting for a short amount of time.

"Yes,"

"You're next, the room on the first right," The receiptionist said as she pointed towards the room.

"Wish me luck," Renee whispered to Mark. He gave her a confident smile and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Good luck, you'll be fine. Don't worry, we're in this together,"

"Dr Foster, we have reviewed your profile and we have some doubts,"

"Go ahead," 

"You were in a lot of foster homes and in one of the foster homes you were a victim of abuse? Is that correct?" 

"Uh.....yes,"

"And you were send to juvie because of that?"

"Uh...how did you know that? It was erased from the data base,"

"It is erased from your database because it was not such a huge felony and it was a long time ago,"

"Then why was the question raised?"

"We needed to know your state on abuse,"

"You think I'll abuse my daughter?"

"No, we're not saying that. We are asking if you have a partner in the future who is abusive towards children, what will be your take on everything?"

"I....will throw that man out of my house if he ever tries to even lay a hand on her or any future kids I may have," 

"Thank you, Dr Foster. We'll let you know if and when we finalize everything. And after that you just have to sign some papers and then you can adopt your daughter,"