The Feeling Of Suffocation

Renee was sitting at the nurse's station, her head in her hands as she closed her eyes, her head was killing her, no amount of coffee and medicine helped with the pain, she could hear Richard and Bailey talking about a patient

Renee was sitting at the nurse's station, her head in her hands as she closed her eyes, her head was killing her, no amount of coffee and medicine helped with the pain, she could hear Richard and Bailey talking about a patient. She groaned as the noise refused to reduce down, her nose was stuffed and her head felt hot, she was about to lay her head down when someone asked her a question.

"You okay, Dr Foster? Tyler, the nurse, asked her.

"Yeah, fine," Tyler was about to say something when George stormed over to them.

"Why did you do it?"

"Dr O'Malley,"

"Why did you do it once you saw cancer had spread?"

"George..." Bailey sighed.

"He asked you right? He asked you to do it no matter what?"

"We have to honour our patient's wishes."

"You said you would be straight with me. He could have lived for weeks or months. We could have had months with him. My mom...she could have had months with him."

"He wanted a chance to fight the cancer, George. It was his choice." Renee told him.

"He didn't know any better! You knew better! You shouldn't have done it. You shouldn't have done it!" He said before storming off.

"Leave him be, Dr Bailey," Renee said when she saw Dr Bailey trying to go after him.

"We did what Mr O'Malley wished for," Richard said before walking off.

"Should I feel guilty?" Dr Bailey asked Renee before sitting next to her.

"No, there are times where we have to agree to the patient's wishes,"

"But if we hadn't done the man would have had a little more time with his family,"

"He would have but he needed to fight, in his mind, if he would've fought against cancer and lived through it, he would have years with them, we tried our best, he's still recovering, we can't do anything except wait and watch,"

The oncology surgeon was walking through the corridor after checking on her patients, George who was her intern was following her, he still hadn't talked to her except when he was asked questions. They turned around a corner when they saw Mark and Addison talking to each other, he looked miserable, his nose was stuffed and he looked a little red, it was surprising how both Mark and Renee had fallen sick at the same time.

"It's the rain. The constant dampness in the air. It takes the body a while to adjust to it." Addison said before giving him a small smile.

"I don't want to adjust." Mark scoffed.