Ashes

Renee was sitting on the floor of her house, it had been a couple of days since she had received the news of Issac's death, she was just sitting there staring at the wall on which there were pictures of the two of them

Renee was sitting on the floor of her house, it had been a couple of days since she had received the news of Issac's death, she was just sitting there staring at the wall on which there were pictures of the two of them. Every day one of her colleagues would come to check on her and left in disappointment when she didn't respond to them, it had been two days since she had talked to anybody, two days since she had eaten anything, Callie had forcefully made her drink fruit juice. The body of Issac was damaged and they couldn't bring the body back so they had decided to cremate the body and decided to send his ashes over.

"Love," She looked up see Issac standing there, a smile on his face as he came to crouch down in front of her.

"You promised you'd come back," Ren softly whispered.

"I am sorry, those bastards had other ideas," He laughed.

"You are not real,"

"I am real, just not in person," He said as he tucked her hair back.

"We didn't get enough time, there were so many things,"

"We didn't but that doesn't mean you don't get to do those things,"

"We were supposed to get married, build a house, have a family,"

"You don't need me for that, you will find someone who loves you more than me and who you love more than me," Issac smiled.

"Who?" She asked him in a small voice.

"Him," Issac looked up revealing Mark standing by the doorway looking at her. Mark walked over and crouched by her side, he didn't say anything, he didn't need to.

"You okay?" Mark asked as he took her hand in his.

"You shouldn't feel guilty, I know you loved me with all your heart but a bigger part is still with him, don't get stuck on me, love, just him another chance,"

"I love you," Ren whispered to Issac.

"I know, I love you too," Issac said as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. Renee closed her eyes trying to savour the moment knowing when she opened her eyes he wouldn't be there.

"Ren, you okay?"

"I will be,"

They were sitting there for a few hours neither of them speaking anything to each other, even when they were college if either of them was upset they would sit together for hours not saying anything. 

"I never apologized," Mark started.

"For what?"

"For Addison and the peds nurse, the receptionist and the nurse," His voice wavered in the end.