Without You

"Addison's back in town,"

"I don't think I have the energy to deal with this,"

Renee glared at her bowl of fruit in front of her as Derek told her the news of Addison returning to town, she had been honest she didn't have the energy to deal with Addison, she had a good couple of days which were her off days. She and Ilaria had a nice couple of days together, Ilaria was very close to speaking, she was speaking 'ma' not the full mom yet but Renee was satisfied with that. She had successfully avoided interacting with Reyansh and his boyfriend for that day and it had exhausted her, so having Addison in town didn't help, not even a little bit.

"What is she doing here anyway?" Renee asked Derek.

"She's performing a surgery on an unborn baby with Ectopia Cordis, I believe and Mark made her a skin,"

"As if he didn't have enough things to brag about. I heard you started a clinical trial," Renee said sounding impressed.

"I don't know, it may not work,"

"Look at you, so optimistic,"

"I am being practical, there hasn't been any success in the past and it's will lead to the patients losing their lives," Derek said as they exit the Cafeteria both of them have a cup of coffee in their hands when they were approached by Meredith who looked very excited by everything.

"His karnofsky score is still 80, and his C. B. C. And liver enzymes are good."

"Well, that's better than expected."

"I know."

"Better doesn't mean good. I don't want you getting emotionally involved with these patients. I don't want you getting your hopes up."

"My hopes are not up."

"All right, then, Dr Grey, let's do this. Okay. Good. Chart please." Renee looked up from her mobile phone to see Addison walking towards them, she as always looked elite and well dressed, there wasn't a hair on her head which seemed out of place.

"Oh god, I was hoping not running into her," Renee sighed when Addison hugged Meredith.

"Come here, you. It's, uh ... wow, it's great to see you guys," Addison said as she hugged Renee tightly.

"How's L. A. ?" Meredith asked with a fake smile on her face.

"Oh, it's great. It's fun. You know, it's the sun and, uh, surfing."

"It's ... you surf?" Derek and Renee asked looking very surprised. The Addison they knew, the Addison from New York wouldn't even go near the beach or do something which would get her wet or her hair messy.

"No, I-I don't surf, but ... So anyway, hey, look, I hugged you there. You stole my husband from me, I hugged you. I ... I've grown."

"Yeah, you stole my boyfriend, guess I should also hug you, right? I would rather punch you in the face," Renee said as she walked away from them, Derek smirked looking proud as he looked back at Addison who looked slightly hurt by Renee's words.