Happy Birthday

Renee was sitting on her couch with Ilaria in her arms as she watched people around her dancing and laughing and having drinks, soft music was playing in the background, she wasn't exactly surprised when she found her colleagues yelling at her as ...

Renee was sitting on her couch with Ilaria in her arms as she watched people around her dancing and laughing and having drinks, soft music was playing in the background, she wasn't exactly surprised when she found her colleagues yelling at her as soon as she entered the apartment, the hardest part was acting as if she was surprised. Birthdays weren't exactly something she liked talking about, in her childhood they were often overlooked and as she grew up birthday lost its charm. Addison was the one who had been excited for everyone's birthday, she would arrange dinners and gifts for everyone, Renee sighed when she thought about Addison, their group had fallen apart, Derek and Addison were divorced, Sam and Naomi were divorced, she and Mark separated.

"Ren, dance with me," Derek asked her as he offered her his hand.

"I don't dance, Derek,"

"I know, you're very bad at it but I'm still risking my feet," Derek smiled as she put Ilaria in her crib and took Derek's hand who pulled her along with him. He placed his hands on her waist as she placed hers on his neck as they followed the rhythm of the song.

Meredith was with her group watched them dancing with a hint of jealousy in her eyes, Mark caught her narrowing her eyes at his ex-girlfriend and his best friend before shaking her head and joining her by the bar setup.

"You're jealous," Mark simply stated as he sipped his whiskey.

"And you're not?" She shot back. Mark just shook his head again before rolling his eyes.

"Derek and Renee are close, they are each other's support, there were times when she won't tell me something but she'll tell Derek," 

"Didn't you get jealous?"

"No, because I trust them, both of them,"

"That's bullshit," Meredith said.

"Derek had always been very loyal to who he dates and who he loves,"

"Can I borrow her?"

Reyansh smiled as he watched Derek and Renee dance together, it had been a long time since they had spent some alone time, between their work, his fellowship and the baby, they hardly ever had time for themselves. He saw how hard Renee was working which is why he wanted to have a party for her birthday for her to just relax and not have to run after something.

"Hey," Renee smiled as she kissed him. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her a little closer to her as she placed her hands on his chest and her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," She said to him, though she wasn't a massive fan of birthday parties she couldn't help but feel thankful that he did everything for her.