Intern Exam

NEW YORK

NEW YORK

The intern exams were considered to be the most important exam any doctor had to give as they decide who gets promoted to be a resident and who repeats their intern year, the interns of New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell had their intern exams in the next couple of weeks and hence it included them spending their every free moment studying. 

Renee was sitting with Derek in the library studying for their intern exam, anatomy books opened in front of them as they asked each other questions, they had been spending a lot of time in the library, whenever they weren't on call, during lunch basically whenever they were free. Renee looked up from her book when she heard some noise coming from one of the corners of the library. She met her gaze with Derek who had a little smirk on his face as they both shook their heads before continuing their work, sure enough, a few minutes later they were joined by Mark who's hair was ruffled and his shirt a little untucked.

"Library, a place filled with books and a place where people come to study," Renee said without looking up from the book.

"Thank you, dear Ren, for that piece of vocabulary,"

"Shut up," 

"What is the smallest bone in the human body?" Derek asked.

"Stapes," Renee answered.

"You could at least use your dorm room," Renee snapped at him.

"You are being jealous," Mark simply said.

"Yes, I am. You told me you liked me and the next minute you sleep with someone else," 

"It was not the next minute, it was months after," Mark said.

"I fail to understand how does that make it better?" Derek pipped in which caused Mark to glare at him.

"Thank you, Derek," She said before packing her stuff and walking to the other bench to sit alone.

"You couldn't have supported me, could you?" Mark said as he hit Derek on his shoulder.

"She was right, you were wrong, you don't cheat on the person you love," Derek shrugged as he rubbed his shoulder.

"Love? I don't love her," 

"Your fear of commitment is showing," 

"I...I don't love her,"

"Give me one reason why you told her you cheated on the nurse even when you didn't?"

Sitting in the exam room, Renee looked down at the exam paper she was given, she looked up to see Derek and Addison already writing their answers down, she looked over at Mark who was looking at the board eyes trained on something. She saw Derek whisper harshly to him before he(Mark) started writing down answers, shaking her head she looked down at her own paper and started writing down her answers. After about two hours and one intern exam later, they were sitting in their locker rooms going over the answers they had written while Renee was sitting on the bench by the wall, her head leaning against the wall when her pager rang.