Everything Has Changed

"The kind of metastases you have are prone to spontaneous bleeding. So there are considerable risks to the surgery,"

Derek, Renee and Bailey were working together on Rosemary Bullard's case, she had been Renee's patient and has undergone many surgeries for her cancer and she survived them previously but this time they weren't sure if she'd survive, the metastases from her previous cancer had spread to the brain and resulted in brain tumour.

"Are you saying this one might be dicier? Might be a little dicier?"

"Much dicier than previous surgeries. I want to be clear. You can live with this tumour for months if not longer," Renee said seriously.

"Not ... not like this. Not feeling this bad. I understand that risks are part of the package. That's why you people make me go cross-eyed signing all these forms." Rosemary said as she held up the forms.

"You're signing a "do not resuscitate" order?" Derek asked surprised.

"They do this every time..." Renee said with a sad smile.

"If it's my time to go ..." Rosemary said as she looked at her husband.

"She doesn't want to be on a life support kind of thing. She'd hate that." Ed Bullard said.

"I'd just hate lying around like that. I don't want that."

"Okay. Good-bye, darling." Rosemary said as she and Ed shared a kiss.

"Good-bye, love. Oh, sorry. We ... we do this every time. She signs the paper, we kiss good-bye, and then after the surgery, we say hello again."

"Well, that sounds like a plan to me. You rest up." Derek said as they exited the room.

"We'll be bringing you up soon. okay. That there is the holy grail of marriage. Something to aspire to,"

Derek looked over at Renee who still ignored him and then looked at Bailey who just walked away not interested in getting involved in their drama, he just sighed as he followed Renee towards the coffee cart where she was getting her daily drink.

"One latte and sandwich," Renee said as she handed 5$ to the barista who handed her the coffee and her sandwich. Derek was still following her as he too grabbed his coffee and took seat opposite of Renee on one of the benches.

"Mark Sloan's the only one standing with you?" Derek asked sarcastically. Renee didn't answer as she continued to eat her sandwich.

"You're not serious, are you? Mark?"

"What about me?" Derek looked up to see Mark standing there with his hands tucked into his coat and he looked over at Derek with a smirk.

"You have created problems between Renee and me,"