Daphnie Miller

"Oh god, of god, oh god," 

Mark kept chanting in his head as he followed the small stripes of blood, it seemed like the blood stripes were droplets which got smudged when someone walked through them. Following the stripes, he reached the attendings' lounge, on the couch he saw the bloodied coat and pants which were discarded. He could hear the shower running in one of the bathrooms and proceeded towards it, the drops of blood left little to the imagination as to who was inside the bathroom.

"Ren, you in there?" Mark asked as he knocked on the door, only to get a small noise in return.

"Come out, Ren, the paramedic told me you had an injured hand, we need to get it checked,"

"It's fine, it's...fine,"

"What happened?" He said as he leaned on the door.

"A few days ago I received a letter from the San Diego police,"

"Okay?"

"I opened it. They need a statement,"

"What statement?"

"They need me to testify against Daphnie Miller,"

"I don't understand, Ren, come out, we'll talk when you come outside, the water is cold," 

"Karl and Daphnie Miller got their foster license when they were 35, they were given the license because there were more kids in the system then there were homes to keep them, many license were given without checking the background of the people," Mark heard the shower stop and he got to his feet to grab a towel from the rack. He wrapped the towel around her before making her sit on one of the beds before crouching down.

"What does this have to do with you?" He asked.

"The Millers were the people whose bedroom I trashed," She whispered.

"Mark, I need-is everything okay?" Addison who had entered the room in search of Mark, they had to discuss the operation of Jane Doe.

"The Millers were the people because of who I was sent to juvie," Renee continued.

"Daphnie Miller, the woman whose outside in the trauma room was your foster mother?" He asked as Addison came and sat beside Renee as she grabbed another towel before drying her hair.

"I was beaten up in that house, my teacher noticed the new bruises every day and called the Child Protection Services on them. They weren't happy. There was a cupboard under the stairs, they kept me there for one week, there were rats in there, spiders all over the place, the food included leftovers. They let me out a week later because the teacher came in search of me, while they talked to the teacher, I went up to their room and trashed it." 

"You didn't mean to, Ren," Addison said.

"No, it was on purpose, that was the only way I could get out of that place,"