Staying Alive

Renee was walking briskly in the hospital holding one of her hands trying to find at least one Orthopedic surgeon, however, she couldn't find one, she searched the entire surgical floor looking for one when she found Meredith standing by the emerg...

Renee was walking briskly in the hospital holding one of her hands trying to find at least one Orthopedic surgeon, however, she couldn't find one, she searched the entire surgical floor looking for one when she found Meredith standing by the emergency bay.

"Grey," Meredith looked up with a confused expression on her face.

"Do you need anything?"

"Yes, I need you to find me an Ortho doctor,"

"Yeah, sure, I'll page Dr Torres," Meredith said as they saw Derek coming towards them. Christina who was in an unusually cheerful mode today did a cheery dance almost hitting Derek in the face. 

"How's my dog?" Derek asked Meredith.

"Much better. Finn is running tests-"

"Good. Good."

"Our dog."

"What?"

"Our dog. You said my dog. He's our dog."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Are you mad at me or something?"

"Now's not the time," Derek said as he walked away.

"I was paged," Meredith who was watching Derek walk away looked at Callie unable to say anything.

"Dr Torres, I need you to look at my arm, it's been killing me,"

"What happened?" Callie asked as Renee sat on one of the beds.

"I fell off the bed this morning," Renee said as Callie moved her arm around.

"It's definitely sprained,"

"Will I be able to perform surgery?"

"Yeah, just wear a wrap,"

"You're dating O'Malley, right?" Renee asked. She knew she was being nosy but she needed something to keep her life from being boring.

"How do you know that?"

"News travels faster than a virus in this hospital," Callie went silent after that.

"There you go, ready to scrub in,"

"We should have a drink sometimes,"

"Uh, sure," Callie said unsurely.

"Renee, we have an emergency case, I need all hands on deck," Renee looked up to see Richard walking towards them just as Callie had finished wrapping her hand.

"Yes, Chief, be right up, thank you, Dr Torres,"

They were in the OR trying to keep the young girl alive, everybody was trying to keep her alive, the extend of her injuries were pretty bad, her lungs were damaged, her condition wasn't good, they needed to do an extensive surgery.