Planting a Seed

"Renee?"

"Renee?"

"Yeah?" Renee looked up to see Richard walking towards her, a chart in his hand but he was unusually tense.

"George's father, Harold O'Malley has come in today at the ER, well he passed out and broke his clavicle,"

"So? I think that's not related to cancer,"

"Let me complete," Richard snapped.

"Alright, go ahead,"

"He was complaining about abdominal pain, so I did an endoscopy, here,"

"His esophageal cancer that had spread to his stomach, he'll need surgery but even with it he'll need chemo and radiation," She said as she rubbed her forehead, looking up she saw George running with a plate of food in his hand, probably for his family.

"Have you told George?"

"Not yet, I'll tell him, I'll need your help on the surgery,"

"Of course, Cheif," 

"O'Malley, can I talk to you?" 

"Dr Foster, I am a little busy today, I know I am on your service today but my father's here today, I promise I'll join you-"

"It's about your father, let's go to the Cafeteria," Renee said as they went to the Cafeteria sitting on one of the benches.

"Dr Foster, don't sugar coat things,"

"I am sure Dr Webber has explained things, right,"

"He has, Dr Foster I need a favour,"

"Yeah?"

"I need you to operate on my father, please,"

"Of course, I was going to operate anyway, try to be relaxed, make sure your parents don't take too much stress If you have any question-"

"I'll meet you, Dr Foster," George said as he got up and left the Cafeteria.

"What's up with O'Malley?" Derek asked as he came to sit in front of Renee.