Big Boys

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur! Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr!"

Renee was standing near the table where the neonatal doctor, Arizona Robbins, was checking Ilaria, the baby was getting cranky with all the test which were being done by Arizona, the surgeon was trying her best to stop making the baby cry. Reyansh, who was in the middle of his Trauma shift had to make sure that they got Arizona to look after Ilaria as he believed she was best there is.

"Okay, I think everything is fine, we'll just check for any allergies, there is nothing wrong with her physically, no broken anything, no swelling, she's fine," Arizona said picking the baby up.

"Are you sure, like really sure?" Renee asked repeatedly.

"Yes, I am sure, it's fine, it happens with new mothers, they worry a lot," Arizona smiled.

"Uh, I am fostering her," Renee replied.

"Really, I would have never guessed,"

"Okay, I'll take her to run some allergy tests, I'll bring her back shortly," Renee just nodded as she and Arizona exited the room, Arizona went with Ilaria to the exam room while Renee went to sit in the waiting room outside the ER.    

Archie Roche was brought in after the apartment above his had an explosion, he had experienced some severe burns which had been debrided and had a humerus fracture, Mark had confronted Archie after Richard had informed him about the meth lab. He had just finished stitching and fixing Archie and was walking out of the ER when he saw Renee sitting there, her hands drumming against her thighs which was a clear indication that she was nervous, he took a deep breath and sat down beside her. A couple of minutes had passed and Renee still hadn't realised that Mark was sitting beside her.

"Do I have to pound on you to for you to notice me?" 

"What?" 

"I have been sitting here for five minutes now, I have about 10 nurses smile down at me, the lady over there is sitting with her cleavage showing and you haven't even looked at me,"   

"I am sorry, it's just Nara had some difficulty breathing, Callie was panicked so I sent her to do her job, it calms her down,"

"She's okay?" Mark asked rubbing her back.

"Yeah, they are running some allergy tests," Renee said.

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"His name is Reyansh and he had some meth explosion to deal with," 

"Ren, the police came an hour ago," Mark said softly.

"Oh, well he might have gotten busy,"

"Dr Foster," Renee looked up to see Arizona and Ilaria who now seemed to have stopped crying and was actually smiling.