Miss Grumpy

NEW YORK

NEW YORK

"You are at the bottom of the surgical chain, you are grunts, you are nobodies," 

The first day of being a first-year resident was exciting for the group, all of them had their share of four interns who they could torture, make them do personal work but no, they needed to teach the interns how to do surgery and handle patients, while Derek, Renee and Addison were doing their best to teach the new interns the basics of surgery world, Mark had mistaken the interns as his servants. They were standing by the nurses' station with their own interns trying to assign them some work to do when they heard Mark talking.

"You are 1,2,3 and 3.5," He said as he pointed to his interns.

"3.5? Not even four?" Derek asked chuckling.

"No, he doesn't seem a full number," Mark shrugged.

"You are such a douche," Renee commented as she handed her interns their charts.

"Well, you love me anyway," Mark said shrugging again.

"No, I don't love you, I love the drunk Mark, he is much more sensible and vulnerable than sober Mark," 

"You are lying,"

"Okay, children, we have interns to look after," Addison said glaring at both of them.

"Do we have to, I mean what if we just leave them," Mark said.

"Could we change our resident?" One of Mark's intern, 3.5, asked.

"Haha, you are so funny and just for that you are on rectal for the entire week," 

Renee was walking down the passage with her interns following her like little puppies, it was a very quiet day, there was no incoming trauma nor was there any surgeries schedules, just a few pre and post-ops to be done. She saw Derek and his interns coming from the opposite side of the passageway towards them, he carried a grin on his face and Renee could feel his smugness drip down his face. 

"What? What did you do?" Renee asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I got each of my interns to assist on at least one surgery and got myself a brain surgery," 

"How did you get surgeries? There are no surgeries on the board," 

"It's because my interns took them," He said with a huge amused grin on his face.

"Does this mean we don't have surgeries?" One of Renee's interns asked.

"Don't whine, we will have surgeries, I won't lose to a haircut," Renee shot back.