This Wedding Day

"It could be anything. It could be scar tissue, okay? We just wait and see,"

"It's a tumour,"

Renee watched as Izzie and Bailey interacted, nothing could be said about Izzie until they see her MRI scan, she was doing well from the past few days but that's the reality of cancer, one minute you're healthy the next you're dying. Something about Izzie repeatedly saying that it's a tumour didn't settle down very well with Renee, if she, in fact, had tumour then it was bad news, it was very bad news.

 "You don't know that," Renee said to Izzie through the screen as Bailey agreed.

"Denny Duquette is standing right behind you. It's a tumour. Right, Denny?" Izzie said as Renee and Bailey exchanged eye contact. Hallucinations were one of the symptoms of the tumour.

"You can't see him because you don't have a tumour, but he says hi,"

"Tell Denny Duquette I said go home,"

"It's a tumour,"

"Wait and see,"

"What are you going to say for the toast?"

Renee looked at Mark, who was sitting on a stool stitching one of his patients face, he didn't look up from his stitches but she could see his face scrunching up in confusion, she narrowed her eyes at him. She couldn't say that she was surprised Mark wasn't the person who gave speeches or who made grand gestures, he was a simple man who avoided putting himself in situations which were sappy or which would include a lot of crying. Even at Derek's first wedding, he didn't bother to make a long speech, it was short, too short, he had planned on saying just congratulations but went on talking about some very questionable stuff.

"Mark Sloan, don't tell me you didn't write our best friend a toast," he looked guilty.

"We just made up two days ago. How was I supposed to know that I needed to write a toast?"

"You're his best man,"

"So are you,"

"That's your comeback?"

"Yes,"

"It was very bad,"

"I know. Listen, do you have anything written which I could use?"

"Mark, seriously?" 

"Please, help me. I have a very busy day in the ER,"

"Well, I am not free either, I still have patients who have their surgeries lined up,"

"Come on Ren, I am begging you," 

"Mark Sloan begging? My, my, that's new,"

"I don't beg. Fine, I'll write on my own. Thank you so much for your help,"

"You're welcome honey,"

"Look,"

"I'm looking, but I don't see anything,"

"Because there's nothing there," Derek said.

"The scan's clean," Renee said.

"I told you," Bailey said as she looked at Izzie.