Unlucky

Renee had spent the entire night at Tyler's room with Ilaria and let's just say that she didn't get any sleep the entire night as Tyler had taken to adore the baby and was playing with her the entire night

Renee had spent the entire night at Tyler's room with Ilaria and let's just say that she didn't get any sleep the entire night as Tyler had taken to adore the baby and was playing with her the entire night. His father had arrived at early dawn and had immediately hugged Renee thanking her over and over again for taking care of his son and how grateful he was which Renee just responded with a smile. After a PET scan and couples of days under observation, Tyler was being discharged, she was in his room signing his papers as his dad packed up his bag, they had also gotten another portable oxygen cylinder.

"Dr Foster, I appreciate you spending the whole night with me even though you had been in the hospital that entire day," Tyler said as he sniffed. Renee couldn't understand why Tyler was getting emotional all of a sudden but she didn't question him as his dad seemed to be in quite a hurry.

"Mr Martin, how about you call a cab and I'll get Tyler down?" Renee said as the dad nodded and went down.

"Do you want to tell me why you got so emotional earlier?"

"People often think I am a burden, you know, my friends drifted apart after I was diagnosed, my dad needs to work double shifts to cover my medical bills. But you-you know-" Renee smiled as she sat beside him and adjusted his nasal capsule.

"I think you're a wonderful person, Ty. You're soft-spoken, you're intelligent, you shouldn't let cancer make you weak or make you think less than anybody else. And if your "friends" left you when you needed them the most then they weren't your friends. So screw them, you don't need them, you're better off without them,"

"The cab's ready," Mr Martin said from the door where he was standing with a small smile on his face. Renee nodded as she helped Tyler off the bed as Mr Matin picked up the bags as they walked towards the exited the room, she smiled, her eyes glossy, as Tyler looked back at her and waved.

"Look at you all emotional," Derek commented as he stood behind Renee and squeezed her shoulder.

"Get off, I am not emotional, something went into my eye,"

"Something went into your eye? Was it dust or were your eyes sweating?"

Early mornings were something Mark loved a lot but early morning hikes were a different scenario, he had gone to bed later than usual last night as he was with Erica and Hahn at Joe's bar. He was liking Erica around but he wasn't sure if it was emotional or just physical, keeping his track record in mind he just settled on it being physical, the last relationship he was emotionally involved with was with Renee. He tried his best not to think about Renee these days and after what he saw with Reyansh, he tried his best to push everything to the back of his mind. He needed to move on, from Renee and Addison, from New York, he needed to live his life independently and not have the cloud of his past relationships revolving around his head.

He walked with Derek as they hiked through a country path, like most of the nights, it had rained and made the path muddy and slippery, he didn't know the purpose of their visit yet but he knew that no reason was worth ruining his 300$ shoes.