Let Us Move On

"Dr Foster to Room 2248, code blue, code blue,"

"Oh my god, Izzie,"

Renee grabbed her stethoscope as she threw her coffee cup in the trashcan and ran towards Izzie's room which was apparently where there was a code blue, she had told Izzie to rest and not make a fuss out of Meredith and Derek's wedding. But Izzie didn't listen. She came to a halt in front of Izzie's room when she heard Izzie laughing, the room was full of wedding dresses and everything one could relate to a wedding. Beside Izzie was Christina who watched Izzie with an annoyed expression.

"What the hell is this? A fake code blue? I ran here and running is not allowed in the hospital,"

"I am sorry but you're Derek's best man and I need your help," Izzie said with innocent eyes, Renee was about to say something as Izzie continued.

"I have cancer, I am tired and I need all the help," 

"Yeah, no, the cancer sympathy isn't going to work,"

"Ok, wait but what are you wearing? Everything needs to be colour coordinated," Renee shared a look with Christina who just rolled her eyes.

"What?"

"Everything is colour coordinated since you're on the groom's side, you'll have to wear either black or grey or cream," Izzie said as she brought out different dresses.

"This black one," Renee said as she walked out of the room. She was about to get another cup of coffee when she was paged by Arizona. As she walked towards the room Arizona had paged her, she found Mark walking towards the same room, he narrowed his eyes when he saw her. 

"Why did Arizona page me?" he asked.

"I don't know I am standing here with you," Mark rolled his eyes as they entered the room to see Callie walking around talking loudly in Spanish.

"You paged me, Robbins?"

"You two are her best friends and I am at a loss right now....not to mention the very very sick children.."

"What is with people gaining sympathy with sickness today," Arizona shrugged as she quickly left the room.

"You or me?" Mark asked.

"You. If she doesn't quiet down, you can you know......stuff her mouth and tie her down," Mark rolled his eyes yet again and walked towards Callie before grabbing her by the shoulders.

"Hey! Stop speaking Spanish because I have to go to surgery in a minute and I don't speak Spanish," Mark said.

"Oh god," Renee whispered to herself.

"My dad is taking me home. He's talking to the chief, and he's making me quit my job and quit my relationship, which he has yet to acknowledge even exists,"

"That's crazy,"

"What, are you 12? Tell him he's crazy,"

"You don't understand. There isn't anything he hasn't done for me, okay? Nothing. He's paid for my college, he's paid for med school. I have a huge trust fund because he doesn't want me to worry about anything but being a great doctor. I mean, the man has done nothing but support me his whole life,"

"Well, supporting someone and respecting someone isn't the same thing. You need to tell him that,"

"Life gave her lemons and she made cantaloupes,"

Renee furrowed her eyebrows as she entered Izzie's room, inside the room was a lady who was wearing colourful clothes and talking continuously, Bailey was at the side table checking Izzie's IV's while Alex was at the foot of the table laughing.

"Good morning, everyone," Renee cleared her throat as she smiled at everyone and went to check on Izzie.

"Oh, and who are you? You have a pretty face but I'd suggest getting a facial once or twice a month," The colourful lady said.

"Um..."

"She's my mother. Mother, she's my oncologist," Izzie said.

"It's nice to meet you," Renee smiled as she continued checking Izzie.

"So anyway, I don't know, maybe, honey, there's an upside in this for you, too, right?"

"Um, mom, just, uh, listen, okay? I ... I don't have breast cancer. Okay, I have skin cancer, or what started as skin cancer ...

"Wait, hang on. Skin cancer? Oh, God! Isobel Stevens. Oh, you scared the hell out of me. And then you made me come up here to Seattle just for some ugly old mole? Oh, sweetie,"

"It's not an ugly little mole," Renee said as she tried to help Izzie.

"No, I didn't. I didn't make you come up here. I, uh, I didn't even call you. I'm ... I'm really ... I'm curious. Who did? Who called? Who called her? Seriously, who called her?"

Callie paced in front of her as they were sitting in the attendings' lounge much like she was earlier only this time she wasn't speaking in Spanish and Arizona wasn't around, it seemed as if her father was pretty persistent on taking her home. Not only that but he was going to take her to a priest and 'fix her', Ren watched as her best friend neared her breaking point and finally took a seat on the bed opposite of her and watched her put her head in her hands.

"Hey, it's okay,"

"No, it's not okay, my family's not talking to me and I....can't hide my relationship with Arizona, she's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time and I am broke, I can't even afford a fucking dinner in a restaurant,"

"Cal, you don't need to hide your relationship with Arizona, if your family can't except that then there something wrong with your family, I say you give them some time,"

"But I....."

"All good things take time," Renee said softly.

"They blocked my account, I don't have any money and Arizona, she buys 120$ worth of a wine bottle,"

"120$?! Wow,"

"I know, this is the first time I have no money for groceries,"

"And my family....they aren't even talking to me,"

"If your family isn't accepting you then they are foolish,"

"Is that Lexie and Ben?" 

Mark and Renee turned to look at the table which was little far away from them and sure enough they saw Ben and Lexie sitting there hand in hand across from an older man, they smiled at each other before turning to look at the man. Renee smiled as she turned to look at Mark, she pressed her nose against his cheek and leaned into him as they watched the music performers sing, she felt him press a kiss to her hair.

"Derek's getting married," she said cautiously. It was still a sensitive topic as they both refused to talk to each other, both were being jerks to each other and they couldn't work together without one throwing a off handed comment. 

"Good for him,"

"So, you two are really going to be like that your entire life?"

"Yes, he hit me first, he threw a bottle at you and if he ever interrupts me in front of my patients I will kill him with my own bare hands,"

"Stop it, you'll love him too much to do that,"

"I love you more than Derek, so.." Mark shrugged.

"Stop it, you two have to work it out besides I don't think I can handle Izzie talking about weddings anymore,"

"How's Stevens doing?"

"She got abther round of chemo today, if her METs don't shrink down, we can't operate and if we can't operate...."

"Well, cancer's a bitch,"

"It really is,"