Still on My Brain

"Don't worry, we're gonna take care of him

"Don't worry, we're gonna take care of him."

Renee hugged Naomi as soon as they stepped down from the ambulance, it had been a long time since Renee had seen Naomi, she felt Naomi hug her tightly as Renee patted her back. Archer Montgomery, Neurologist, an author, Addison's older brother, Derek's ex-brother-in-law and the person who had made Mark taste his own medicine. Derek hugged a dishevelled Addison, who was now sporting a short haircut, she had been crying as she told them about the lunch they had gone to the day before.

"Oh, yesterday, he was fine, we went to lunch. I thought he was fine....." Addison cried as Richard wheeled Archer into the hospital. Archer had been somewhat of a constant in their lives ever since they had graduated from Med-school, he was living in New York and even though Renee had been in the UK the entire time, Derek had never failed to tell her all the stories of how Archer hated him. Brunches and dinners became usual for them after they started their internships and residencies, so it was safe to say that Archer was a good friend of Renee.

"Does he know how he got the parasite?" Derek asked them.

"He thinks he got it from eating unwashed fruit in Mexico." Naomi answered.

"He's in bradycardia," Renee said as she pointed at the monitor.

"Why is he bradycardic and hypotensive?" Richard asked.

"He's having a reaction to the fentanyl drip. Stop the fentanyl drip and push the narcan." Derek said.

"Wait. Derek, he was in status. I mean, if you take him off the drip and he's seizes up, there could be permanent brain damage."

Renee and Naomi exchanged looks, Addison was letting her emotions come in between what could be the useful decision for helping her brother but even Renee had to agree that what Derek was suggesting was dangerous and risky. 

"We better hope that doesn't happen."

"Hope? That ... that's what your plan is ... is hinging on, hoping that ... that the worst doesn't happen?"

"Addie..."

"Yeah, I'm hoping he's stopped seizing, because I know if we don't reverse the drip, his heart is going to arrest. So unless you have a better idea ... push the narcan."

"He's in v-fib. Get the crash cart,"

Renee had cleared her entire day's schedule to stay with Addison, Naomi and Archer, they were family even if she didn't like Addison very much at the moment. They were standing outside Archer's room watching as Derek checked on Archer who still hadn't woken up yet, Naomi had her arm around Renee as they were joined by Mirand Bailey.