Like Me Better

NEW YORK

NEW YORK

These moments came very rarely in their lives when they'd have a day off together, so Mark and Renee decided to use it to its full potential which meant sleeping in and having wild sex for the entire day. Mark would say that it was the best plan anybody would ever come up with while Renee liked to disagree but she couldn't when she saw the handsome smile on his face. They were laying on the bed, sheets covering their bodies as Renee laid on her side and watched Mark sleep. The sun was peeking through the curtains which made Mark's face glow, she liked watching him sleep, it was the only time she'd see him this peaceful, it was the only time she'd see him without his ego getting in between. If he'd have ever known that she watches him while sleeping his already huge ego would inflate even more and she's never hear the end of it.

"Good morning," Renee whispered as she watched his face crunch trying to avoid the sun's glare on his face.

"Not so soon, let's go back to sleep," Mark said as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer.

"It's 11 am," Renee whispered but she didn't made any effort moving away from him.

"Your breath stinks," Mark commented.

"Your's is like breathing in peppermint," Renee said sarcastically. Mark laughed as he pulled away from her trying his best to look offended and a smile made it's way on Renee's face as she leaned and gave him a kiss.

"We have to meet Derek and Addison for brunch today," Mark said grudgingly as he ran his hand through his hair. 

"Let's just cancel, I am in no mood to have brunch," Renee said as she pulled the blanket over her shoulders.

"Wish I could but we did cancel the last two brunch invites," he said as he rubbed her back.

"I heard Derek is planning to propose?"

"Yeah, he's pretty excited about it....he wouldn't shut up," 

"How's he going to propose?"

"He didn't tell but knowing Derek it'll be-"

"Some cliche setting," Renee and Mark said together.

"When we get married I am not doing this entire cliche thing. I'll just drop the question,"

"Getting married? It's a big step for you,"

"It's not for you?" Mark asked.

"Of course it is. But I'm not the one with commitment phobia," Mark looked offended. He just stared at Renee but the more he stared the more he realised that it was true, everybody he dated in the past, he didn't want to commit to anyone but he liked to believe that he had changed ever since he started dating Renee.

"I love you," Mark said finally, he didn't know what else to say. He watched as a soft smile appeared on her face as she leaned in an placed a kiss on his forehead.