My Only Family

It had been a few days since Issac had left for Syria, they hadn't exchanged a single phone call, he wasn't allowed to call anybody

It had been a few days since Issac had left for Syria, they hadn't exchanged a single phone call, he wasn't allowed to call anybody. Issac didn't have anybody in his family, his parents had abandoned him when he was a baby and therefore Renee had no one who she could call to get information about him. She was sitting in the on-call room studying the charts of one of her patients, Beatrice Carver who had Metastatic cancer and they were going to take her to surgery when suddenly the door opened to reveal Addison. Renee rolled her eyes at the sight of the redhead and shut the chart, ready to leave the room when Addison called her.

"Ren," Renee closed her eyes, she didn't want to fight with Addison, she wasn't in a great mood.

"What?"

"You haven't talked to me, since that -"

"Since that night you had sex with my boyfriend,"

"I made a mistake, okay but you have to talk to us,"

"I don't want to talk to either you or Mark," 

"He still loves, Ren,"

"People don't cheat on the person you love, Addison,"

"That is not true, I didn't cheat on Derek because I don't love him, he was never there Renee, physically and mentally but Mark was,"

"So you are telling me you had a one night with Mark just because Derek wasn't there,"

"It wasn't just a one night stand," Addison whispered.

"What? What did you say?"

"It wasn't just a one night stand, we lived-lived together for a few months,"

"You disgust me, both of you, stay away from me and stay away from Derek,"

Burke and Renee went to Mrs Carver's room for their daily rounds with Alex Karev following them, he was supposed to be Renee's intern and honestly he was not someone she would have picked to work with. The man lacked basic bedside manner and he carried a sense of arrogance which was something she didn't appreciate.  

"Mrs Carver, how are you doing today?"

"Same old, Dr Foster, I just need to get out of here,"

"Mrs Carver, we have found some Mets in your lungs and we are planning on removing it in surgery," Burke told the lady.

"From the scans and labs, we have found one of them is blocking your airway which is why you-"

"Hey, Mom, we can we get out of here?" A girl said as she entered the room with earphones dangling around her neck.

"As soon as the doctors give me an okay, Dr Foster you were saying?" 

"We have to run a few more test's before we decide anything," Renee said as she eyed the daughter who didn't seem a bit interested in her mother's treatment.