Happy Ending

"What are you people looking at?" 

Renee raised an eyebrow at the group of people standing at the entrance of the hospital chapel, she and Callie had gone to grab a cup of coffee when she saw Bailey, Richard, Naomi and Sam standing watching something. Sam had arrived a little while ago and Renee was feeling as if she was back in New York in med school but nothing was as simple as it was when they were in school. As she joined the group, she noticed Addison sitting in the chapel, praying, which was something Addison never did, Captain and Brizzy had tried to make their children religious but they didn't succeed. 

"What is she doing?"

"Uh, she's praying," Richard answered.

"No, Addison doesn't pray," Naomi, Sam and Renee answered.

"She must be hiding," Callie said.

"I can hear you. And I'm not hiding. I am trying to pray, but I don't know how to pray because I'm a wasp, and we only go to church on Christmas,"

"You guys go. I got this,"

"All right, archer. I need to create room in the ventricle so I can manoeuvre the scope. If I deflate each cyst, the scope can remove them one by one,"

Everybody looked at Derek as he explained Archer the procedure which he thought was the best for this operation, Renee was standing behind with Sam and Mark as they watched on how ready Archer was to disagree with whatever Derek was going to say. Archer and Derek had never gotten along, it was true what Derek had previously said, Archer had chosen sides in the marriage and most of the time demeaned Derek and the work he had done. 

"The cysts will rupture," Archer said.

"I'm gonna grab each one with forceps, pull it up to the edge of the port and suction out the fluid," Derek said as Renee exchanged eye contact with Mark who just shook his head.

"The suction would have to be precise ..." 

"-It will be,"

"You can't do it," Archer said.

"Well, I think I can."

"Basically you can control the way the cyst ruptures?" Addison said.

"No, he can't. Look, I know you guys want me to go down fighting, but I ..."

"Coward." Derek interrupted.

"Excuse me?"

"I said "coward." You're a coward by trade. You're a neurologist. You guys feed off us, refer your patients to us, let us assume the responsibility, and if god forbid something happens, well ... I'll tell you what, I can assume the responsibility. The question is, can you?"