Nara

Sitting in a room with a stranger wasn't exactly how Renee thought her Sunday would go, the previous day was filled with not so great things, Christina's and Preston's wedding was cancelled, George O'Malley failed his intern test and Renee called ...

Sitting in a room with a stranger wasn't exactly how Renee thought her Sunday would go, the previous day was filled with not so great things, Christina's and Preston's wedding was cancelled, George O'Malley failed his intern test and Renee called him to ask about what he was going to do which he replied with "I am going to repeat the intern year," For which Renee replied "I am proud of you," and by the end of the conversation she was sure George was at his breaking point.

"So, Dr Foster, what made you interested in fostering?" The officer, Stephanie, asked her in a calm tone.

"I was in the foster care myself. I was in it from the ages 3 to 18 and most of the families I was placed with weren't great," 

"Okay, so it says in your file that you have refused to accept the financial help which will be provided to you,"

"I have enough income that I will not need any assistance from the government, that money may help with another family who needs additional income or help with their kids,"

"With you being a Doctor, there is one question which pops in my mind, how much time will you be able to offer to the kids placed with you?" Renee hadn't expected that question and it was never in her mind.

"Uh-if the kids are older, they'll have schools and classes, so by the time they come home, I'll be home too, for the younger kids or infants I will try to adjust the timings, our Chief in Surgery is very understanding, and I have Sundays off," Renee wasn't sure of the answer she had given but the officer smiled at her.

"I am a foster parent myself, my partner and I have fostered kids for years now, she is the principle of the school, we understand how hard it will be for you," 

"I am not saying that I'll be with the kids every second of the day because that's not possible and frankly unhealthy but I will be with them when they need me, they won't feel like they have nobody,"

Reyansh was in the on-call room ready to take a short nap, just having done with surgery and rounds in the Paeds when he was attacked from behind leading to both of them falling on the ground.

"So, I guess you got the license," He said when he saw Renee laying on top of him, the biggest smile on her face.

"I did, I did," She said, her eyes suddenly tearing up.

"Don't cry," 

"I am not crying," She argues back.

"No, no, you're sweating from your eyes," He teased her with a smile.

"Don't tease me," She said swatting her arm.

"I am proud of you, not many people have the courage to do what you are doing," He said moving the piece of hair from her face before bringing her down and kissing her.