The Chief of Surgery

Bailey was sitting on a gurney in one of the corridors, her shoulders shaking as she tried to control her herself but she couldn't, they had just taken Harold O'Malley off of the life support, his family were crying as they had watched him flattening

Bailey was sitting on a gurney in one of the corridors, her shoulders shaking as she tried to control her herself but she couldn't, they had just taken Harold O'Malley off of the life support, his family were crying as they had watched him flattening. She was sitting there for a few minutes after Izzie had come to talk to her telling her she could be both, a surgeon and a person who gets emotionally involved.

"It seems a stupid question to ask but are you okay?" She looked up to see Sloan standing there, an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Does it seems like I am fine?" She asked as he sat beside her.

"That's why I said it's a stupid question to ask,"

"We just unplugged Mr O'Malley,"

"I heard, that's the hardest part of the job,"

"My son's name after his son," Bailey sniffed.

"It'll be okay," Mark said as he just rubbed her shoulder as she continued to cry. 

That day Miranda Bailey couldn't believe that Mark Sloan, the arrogant man with a god-like demeanour, was sitting next to her comforting her, that day she realised that he wasn't as bad as she had made him out in her mind, she could see why Addison and Renee had fallen for him. 

Renee had just gotten out of the elevator, her head heavier than it had been a week before, her nose runny and her throat was sore, her voice was hoarse, it was becoming difficult to stay awake at this point but she continued to work, there was no time to relax.

"Ren," Addison called after here, a file in her hand as she continued walking towards her.

"Yeah?"

"What do you look red?"

"I don't feel so well, did you need something?" Renee asked weakly.

"I have a patient and I think you might want to see this," Addison said as she nodded towards the corridor where the patients' rooms were.

 "Jillian, this is Dr Foster, she will be working on your case with me,"

"Good afternoon, Jillian, I will do your pelvis exam, try to relax your legs a bit," She said as she wore some gloves.

What Renee saw was something very surprising and something very new, the tumour could be seen by the naked eye, it took everything for her to not gasp at the size of that thing, she exchanged eye contact with Addison before finishing the exam and discarding the gloves.

"Did the biopsy results come back?" 

"Not yet, are you fine?" She asked again when she noticed Renee massaging her head. 

"You are burning up," Addison said as she pressed a hand to Renee's forehead.

"Yeah, it'll be fine, I'll have orange juice and a pill,"