Slipping into Darkness

"You need to talk to him," 

Renee took off her reading glasses and put them aside and looked at Meredith giving her undivided attention, Derek had lost a patient and was facing a lawsuit and had logged himself off. She had decided to wait a little bit before talking to him even though he appeared to be a calm and a non-violent person, he was known to have violent tendencies when his inner beast was angered. Meredith walked inside and took a seat in front of Renee and started explaining what has been going on for the past three days, Addison had left and Archer was flown to L.A but Derek had become a shell of a person especially after he found out about her and Mark.

"I cannot talk to him right now, you need to give him time, Derek tends to get violent and pull off emotionally, he throws things to your face, it's not pleasant. So if I were you, I'd wait and not poke the beast,"

"You're a shit friend,"

"Yeah, no, I have known Derek longer than you've, you need to give him more time, don't push him," 

"I don't know what to do," Meredith said helplessly. Renee watched as Meredith pull at her roots frustratingly and sighed.

"You won't have hair left if you continue to pull. Meredith, I would suggest you talk to him and let him have his grieving time,"

"So, I have to wait?"

"You have to wait,"

As soon as Meredith left her cabin, there was a knock on the door and Callie entered with an unreadable look on her face, Renee had been good when it came to reading people's faces but that skill of her had gone to the drain ever since she came to Seattle. Callie threw herself on the couch and closed her eyes;

"Do I dare ask?" 

"Last night at Joe's I blabbered in front of Arizona-"

"Well, that's good,"

"While she was on a date,"

"Well....at least you told her what you think,"

"I embarrassed myself, it was so humiliating,"

"More humiliating than your fight with Izzie?" Renee asked with a teasing look on her face.

"You know what, I'll talk to Mark," Callie said as she got up.

"Have fun with that, he's not capable of talking," 

"Dr Foster, the three Shelley's have been admitted," 

Renee and Avan walked to the patient ward where three siblings, Tricia Shelley, Megan Shelley and Micheal Shelly were admitted all three of them were to be tested for the CDH1 gene test and if they were tested positive they were going to get prophylactic gastrectomy done. Renee was supposed to be assisted by Bailey on this case as the resident was familiar with The Shelleys and their cases. CDH1 gene can result in a very high chance of developing gastric cancer and it could be aggressive and spread very quickly if it was left untreated, chemo and radiation had little to no effect on cancer.