The Date

Renee was in her surgical gown, gloves on her hand as she prepped Izzie who was in her patient clothes

Renee was in her surgical gown, gloves on her hand as she prepped Izzie who was in her patient clothes. Izzie didn't get to see Hannah as it seemed like Hannah had refused to meet her birth mother, Renee could see how the intern is heartbroken by the fact that her daughter didn't want to see her. Bailey was standing by Izzie, just being there for the intern, this side of Bailey she never had seen before, the motherly side and the caring side.

"Wow. That's a big needle,"

"It's standard. You should start to feel numb about ten minutes after I inject the lidocaine, ok?" Renee said softly as Izzie took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I know. I've given epidurals before. I know that's the needle. It's just that somehow it seems so much bigger now that it's going into my spine."

"Little stick," Renee said as she watched Izzie's eyes go wide.

"Oh, god." 

"You sure I can't call someone? One of your friends? You're gonna need somebody to hold your hand." Bailey said.

"No thank you."

"You sure? Yeah well, I can take a lot of pressure. It's rough as sandpaper." Bailey offered Izzie to hold her hand.

"Little pressure."

Renee was about to perform the procedure when the room door opened to reveal George, he looked between Bailey, Renee and lastly Izzie. Bailey immediately took to her feet as she tried to get George out of the room but George didn't budge.

"O'Malley, did Stevens ask for you here?" Bailey asked.

"No, no I did not!" Izzie argued back.

"Then you need to turn yourself around and go..." Bailey said.

"You're giving bone marrow," George stated.

"This is a private matter," Renee said.

"I'm not leaving." 

"O'Malley, I know you are scared," Renee tried to calm him down.

"No," He snapped back angrily.

"George!" Bailey said.

"No...Make me."

"Hey!"

"Sorry, I'm starting now," Renee said as she tried to do the procedure. 

"Just let me know when you're gonna do stuff, ok?"

"Hey, you're ok. I got it here."

"Fine. Stevens, I'm going unless you need me to call security." Bailey said 

"I'll manage. Thank you. You said back off."

"You didn't tell me you were having a bone drilled in your damn hip. For who? What's this private matter?"