Mama Shepherd

Renee was at the nurses' station updating her charts, she was in a good mood that day, she and Mark have been taking things slow and it felt like she was in New York back again, the stolen glances and the secret smiles were given to one another, it was very much like New York except they had decided to not tell anyone about the little thing they had going on. Mark and Renee had decided to go one a nice little date a little away from the city and she had to admit, she had missed their dates. Their dates used to be fun, hot and the end of the date usually meant sex at the apartment or getting drunk and going to sleep, usually, it would be the first one. However, Renee had decided on a no sex term as they had just gotten together and she needed a little more time to trust him again. 

"How much do you know about Derek's mother?" Renee looked at Meredith who was wearing an alarmingly high ponytail. 

"What with the ponytail?"

"Derek's mother coming in town and Izzie insisted that mothers love this sort of look," Meredith grimaced.

"That looks painful," Ren commented.

"It is,"

"Mrs Shepherd's coming? It's been a while since I met her,"

"How is she?"

"She's different," Meredith's face fell.

"But I don't think you'll have much of a problem. Mrs Shepherd didn't like Addison and you're the opposite of Addison. Just keep in mind that she's strict and intimidating at first, she melts after some time,"

Mark had been avoiding Mrs Shepherd ever since he saw her with Derek that morning, he couldn't face her she always had some sort of sixth sense for catching Mark's guilt and he feared for his life if she'd found out that he was getting back togeth...

Mark had been avoiding Mrs Shepherd ever since he saw her with Derek that morning, he couldn't face her she always had some sort of sixth sense for catching Mark's guilt and he feared for his life if she'd found out that he was getting back together with Renee. 

"Mark," 

"Mrs Shepherd."

"You've been avoiding me,"

"What?"

"You have that same guilty look on your face as you did - when you were 10 years old and you put Derek's favourite frog into the microwave,"

"I never pressed 'start.'"

"What's going on?"

"I am getting back together with Renee,"

"That's great, Derek didn't tell me anything earlier,"

"That's because he doesn't know. I am hoping it would stay that way, I don't need him punching me again,"

Renee was on her daily rounds with her residents and Avan, they had just finished checking on their last patient when she was greeted by Mrs Shepherd who immediately hugged her and held her face. It was something Mrs Shepherd had done for the last few years, she would hold Renee's face in her palms and check how she was doing and while Renee appreciated she could see her residents and Avan laughed with their hands covering their smiles.