Nearing

A new day, which means the same day as before. I wake up and get ready for breakfast. I see Felix already eating the breakfast Mom made. I join in.

"Good morning" I say with a yawn. They greet back.
"We should head out soon" I tell Felix. Usually, he just rides his bike to school but today he will be walking with Jennie and I.
"Sure."

We eat breakfast peacefully until we see the time and scramble to get out of the door. I walk quickly to Jennie's front door and she immediately answers, as usual, with her usual greeting. She spots Felix waiting on us.

"Oh, he is walking with us" she says somewhat irked but keeps her composure.
"Yip."

We eventually get to school and a bunch of people greet Jennie and Felix. Felix is quite popular as he is really good in soccer and his looks just adds on.

He is also the social butterfly so he has plenty of friends. His friends never come to our house, ever. They usually go out or he goes to their homes.

Felix says his goodbyes once we reach the front of the school and he disappears.

Jennie and I get to her locker first, as usual and then my locker. Today she was preoccupied, talking to one of our classmates once we reached her locker. I followed silently behind them as we went to my locker. I grab my things needed and we head to our class. Once again, I plug in my earphones and the other girls were talking as usual.

I listen to this song with a complicated piano piece. I wanted to create the piano piece and add a few notes.

I decide to play the piano during break to practice. There is an old piano in the basement of the school. It used to be the band's practice room but they renovated and got a sound proof room where the other artistic clubs were.

Not that there are many people in the school's band. People get popular by playing a sport, not singing. You don't even need to be good in the sport. And not many people can play an instrument or can actually sing, or brave enough for it.

I'm certainly not.

Eventually, lunch time rolls in and I am sitting next to Jennie as her other friends made a circle, chatting away. How can someone have so much to say?

"Jennie, I'm going to head outside. Fresh air. I'll see you in class" I say shortly as I stand up and immediately someone takes my seat.

I head to the basement to the piano. It's not the best piano but it is somewhat in tune after I sort of fixed it.

I grab my phone to see if I can get the song's sheet music. I don't find it and start winging it with the song playing through one of my earphones. I start to get a sense of the song through the piano and I start adding extra notes to the piano, seeing what fits and what not.

The bell eventually rings and I head back to class. The rest of the day goes by as usual.

After school, Jennie doesn't show again, without a text this time. I wait for thirty minutes before I text her again.

She doesn't text back and I take that as my cue to leave. I begin the trip back home. I was so immersed in the music I want to create. I should make the cover now, while I still have the passion, and upload next week rather than next month like usual.

I plan how I should plan my time. I will first record the song then get a snack and do homework until dinner.

And I do exactly that once I got home. The same process as yesterday. I even played soccer with Felix again after dinner.

The next day, I head to school with Jennie and Felix, again. Everything was the same until I opened my locker.

A note fell out.