Mistake?

I'm glad Namjoon didn't push any further. I don't mind telling him that I was absolutely hated but I don't want him pitying me.

"I was always busy with something. I always had to be busy" I say. He nods.
"I get that. You are quite the busy body" he says.

"You too you know. You are all over the place" I say. He just shrugs.

"...it's really weird to see this place. I haven't been here in so long" he says after a bit of silence.

"Aren't you glad you're back now. Visiting the place you grew up in should be quite the fresh breath" I say. He looks at me for a bit then faces forward again.

"I suppose so, it's nice to see my dad again" he says with a shake of his head.
"Your dad is super nice. He's like you in some ways" I say. Namjoon looks at me in shock.
"Really?" He asks, surprised.

"For sure. Your personalities are similar. Now Yoongi and Jisoo's parents, I can't draw the line" I joke a bit. He laughs.

"I guess we should head back now" I say as it gets darker.
"Yeah" he says but it sounds like he doesn't want to go back anytime soon. His pace slows down a little as we walk back.

Namjoon and I walk side by side in silence. Our hands were almost touching until it did. I don't think he noticed his hand grazing over mine so I didn't make a big deal out of nothing. Then his hand ever so slightly holds my own. I look at our intertwined hands, then to Namjoon. It didn't seem like he noticed anything as he kept on looking ahead. I couldn't see much of his face since it's gotten darker.

We walk in silence, hand in hand, back to the car. He slowly lets go of my hand as we reach the car. We see a sleeping Jisoo and Yoongi. I smile fondly at them and warned Namjoon not to wake them up.

"Want to take a walk?" Namjoon quietly suggests. I pretend to think about it.
"I promise I'll wake them up" he threatens with a smile.
"Don't you dare" I say as we head off on a path.

"It's getting pretty cold" I say as I rub my hands together.
"Yeah, it can get pretty cold at night" Namjoon says sheepishly. He silently takes off his coat and puts it around me.

I look over to him. He has his hands on his pockets. He looked up into the sky. I can see his face more clearly now as my eyes adjusted to the dark. This guy really is a beaut.

"How can you look so beautiful from any angle?" I blurt out. He looks at me with an amused smile.
"I should be the one asking you that" he says with a smile.

"I'm serious" I say with a roll of my eyes.
"Me too" he says with a smile. I couldn't help that my heart skipped a beat, but I didn't want to admit it.

"Thanks" I say shyly.
"Aww, getting all shy on me now. It's a cute look on you" he teases with his dimpled smile.
"Shut up" I say as I bury my head into my hands, looking away.
He chuckles at me.

I feel a hand taking my hand away from my face. He silently holds it in his own. His hand is warm. I unconsciously moved closer to him, gathering all his heat he was radiating.

"Just tell me when you want your coat back" I say as I lean my head on his shoulder. I don't know if it was just my imagination but it felt like he was radiating more heat.

We walk in silence. It was a quiet night. I just allowed Namjoon to lead me wherever this park was.
I look up to the sky to see a few stars. More stars than what we see in the city.

"It's so beautiful here" I say, breaking the silence as I get lost in the stars.
"Even more now that you're here" he says with a smile.
"Geez, I didn't think you were that desperate for friends" I tease.