The

Jennie gushes about her love story with Jungkook with the other girls. I really don't want to hear the lovey dovey stuff so I head to the basement to practice the piano again.

I had off from lunch to the end of the school day for some miraculous reason. The one bathroom was flooded and these two specific teachers, were in charge of that department to fix the problem. They assume it was troublemakers as they immediately set out to do the job. We were anyway ahead of the work compared to the other classes, but they still gave us homework.

I practice the piano, guitar and the drums that were out of use. A bit outdated but still usable.

I ended up jamming to all my favorite songs and possible covers for the future. I started singing as I was jamming. I kept going back to my phone to decide which song to do next. I enjoyed it but I was completely out of breath once the final bell rang.

I quickly got out of the basement and headed home. I assumed that Jennie was going to soccer practice to watch Jungkook play again. I was put in such a good mood by the day I had, beside the love story thing. I was basically skipping all the way home.

When I got back home, I ate a small snack and headed to my room to begin my homework. I even had time to study until Felix knocked on my door for dinner. I really can block out the world once I'm in the zone.

We all talked about our day and I told the whole story between Jennie and Jungkook.

"So that's why she has been showing up to our practice" Felix says.
"Yeah" I say as I continue eating.
"Isn't it rude to put love letters in someones locker for someone else? Should you really allow that?" Mom asks.
"Why not? Jennie's happy" I say as I continue eating. Mom and Felix gives each other looks.

"Anyway, Jungkook is actually a pretty nice guy" Felix says. I just nod. I don't know him so I wouldn't know.
"Really? You should make friends with him then. He is in your class, isn't he?" Mom asks.
"Yeah, maybe I should" he says. The rest of dinner was filled with casual conversation.

After dinner, Felix and I decide to play a bit of tennis for a change. We head to the local tennis courts and start playing. We play for two hours before we head back home.

"One day, I will beat you" he says determined as we pack up.
"I'm sure you can beat me now" I say with a shrug.
"You won all the games" he deadpans. We make our way off the court and head back home.

"If you haven't noticed, I'm dead tired. One more game and I would be finished" I say.
"If YOU haven't noticed, I'm tired too" he says, emphasizing 'you'.

"Whatever man" I say as I roll my eyes, not believing him. Then there was silence on our way home, besides our heavy breathing.

"So, how's school" I ask breaking the silence. I hope he's coping.
"I'm fine. I'm more concerned about you" he says as he looks at me.

"What do you mean? I'm fine" I say as we continue walking.
"You have no friends, besides Jennie and I'm beginning to wonder about her" he says staring at the ground.

"What about Jennie?" I ask.
"I mean, she's being strange nowadays" he says.

"She's in love. Let her be" I say with a sigh.
"Still."
"Really, you worry too much. I'm fine" I say with a smile.

We get back home with a comfortable silence. I get ready for bed, to start a brand new day, but I first head to Felix's room.

"Are you going to be playing soccer everyday after school from now on?" I ask.
"Yeah, the coach is really confident that if we practice more with Jungkook on our team, we are sure to win this year" he says tiredly.
"Oh, ok. Enjoy yourself and beat that Jungkook" I say with determination and a fist.
"Of course master" he says as he imitates my determination, playing along.

"Night Dweeb" I say as I leave.
"Night Stupid."

Next day, I was really tired for some reason.
"Can we stop for coffee?" I ask Jennie with a yawn.

She just nods while she was on her phone. I guided her, so that she wouldn't walk into anything while on her phone. On our way to school, we stop at a cafe.

"Want something?" I ask Jennie. She simply nods again, still not looking up from her phone. I just sigh. I'll take that as a yes. I order two iced coffees, just like how she likes it. I pay as soon as I get it and we head to school with iced coffees in hand.

"Don't you think she's had enough to eat?" A few girls snicker. Other people make pig noises. This is why I don't like eating at school.

Most people approach Jennie and she finally looks up from her phone and talks with them. I just follow behind them as I sip my iced coffee, hoping my tiredness would go away.

We make our way to Jennie's locker like usual, but with more people tailing us, and even more love notes fell out. Seems like people will try their luck even more since they probably heard about her and Jungkook. She, as usual, throws away the notes and retrieves her things like it was nothing, happily chatting away with the person next to her. This time, she heads straight for class instead of my locker.

"Ok, I'll meet you there" I say as I walk to my locker. She gives a slight nod. I make my way to my locker and open it.

A bunch of letters fell out and they were all clearly pink and red. Love letters. The people around me snickered as the boys to my left laughed really loudly. I just rolled my eyes. Why waste so much effort on someone you clearly don't like?

I grab hold of a letter and open it, in case it was for Jennie. They were all empty. I threw all the letters away. Very funny.

...It's fine...Make fun of me. Distract yourself from your pathetic life with your failing marks.

But, of course, I will be the bigger person. Literally and figuratively. Just two more years and hopefully all this nonsense will stop. I grab my things and head to class with my head held high.

I walk to my seat but I see someone sitting there, chatting to Jennie.
"Good morning" I greet. She ignores me.
"Sorry but you are sitting in my seat" I tell her politely. She finally turns to me.

"Find another seat loser" she says as she chews her gum with an open mouth which is super gross.

I turn to Jennie to see if she would do something. She just ignores the situation.

"Fine" I surrender. I really don't want to be in a troublesome situation. I move to an empty seat in the back of the class. I plug in my earphones and I really look at Jennie today.

Is she wearing makeup? Did she always look so unapproachable? Since when did she look so old? Is she wearing a shorter skirt today?

I start staring outside, distracting myself from the rude comments and my changing friend.

Who knows, maybe she will be back to her old self once her lovey dovey phase wears off. The bell rings for register and the girls are still chatting away.

The next bell rings for class and I don't have any classes with Jennie until lunch. Maybe space will do us good, for now.

I head to class and have a relatively normal day. It's lunch and I thought I should try again with Jennie. I approach their group. I try to start up a conversation with one of the girls.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask one of them, Christine.
"Eww, get away from me fattie" she says with a look of disgust on her face. I try again but with Jennie.

"Hi Jennie, I didn't see you the whole day. Did you remember your lunch?" I ask.
"I saw you this morning" she says, not looking at me.

"The fattie wants to know if she has her lunch" one of the girls screeches with a laugh.
"She probably wants to eat it" another says. They all start laughing at me.

I look at Jennie and she's laughing too. I then realized at this moment that I lost her to these clown faced pipsqueaks. She just wants to be part of the popular group. I understand why she wants to fit in. We are teenagers after all.

Today was a rough day for me...

(I do not own the picture.)