Chapter Nine

Laughter could be heard from the compartment the two Black sisters were sat in. They had chosen to not sit with their friends, and instead enjoyed time together away from their family. 

"I'm glad we're going back to Hogwarts," Cassiopeia admitted, "This summer has been a little intense."

"Weddings always are," Narcissa replied, "It'll soon be me getting married."

"Why? Have you met someone?"

Narcissa laughed, "Well no. But I'm getting older now Cassie, it's time I start to think about who would make a good husband."

"You mean a suitable match that our parents will be proud of."

"Well, that too. I've told you before, I'm going to marry for love. I can't be like Bellatrix."

Cassiopeia stared out of the window, "Let's hope you fall in love with someone suitable."

Narcissa pursed her lips as the compartment fell into silence. "You know when you're older Cassie, you'll realise why everything has happened."

"Maybe I do already," Cassie retorted.

"Is there any suitable boys in your year?" Narcissa knew how difficult Cassiopeia could be so successfully changed the conversation, "I saw you dance with Rabastan at the wedding. Do you like him?"

"His brother is married to our sister!"

Narcissa laughed, "So? It doesn't mean you two are related. Mother and father would be very happy with him."

With a glare, Cassiopeia replied, "I'm sure they would be but marriage is quite a few years away for me." 

"You say that but before you know it you'll be leaving Hogwarts and marrying someone suitable." The two stared at each other before bursting into laughter, "I remember being in my second year, it feels like a lifetime ago now."

"How is Lucius Malfoy?" Cassiopeia suddenly said causing her sister's cheeks to turn bright red, "I saw how you acted around him last year."

"I have to do something to catch his attention!"

"Oh Cissy, you already do! He was staring a lot at you! Especially at Bella's wedding."

Narcissa stared at her sister, "Really? Oh, wow, well, perhaps something will happen this year!"

"Hopefully, Cissy. You deserve happiness."

The two sisters parted at the carriages with a hug as they went off to join their own friends.

Sirius Black watched with curiosity as he found it odd that the two were suddenly close, they never had been, Cassiopeia had always been closest to Andromeda. "He's already watching his cousins! You're obsessed!" James said to his friend as he pulled him into the carriage, "Can't you just leave them alone for once."

"Something's happened."

His three friends stared at him, "What?"

"I don't know what's happened but something bad has definitely taken place. Narcissa and Cassie never used to be close, but now they seem as though they are the best of friends."

"Why does two sisters being close mean something bad has happened?"

"Bellatrix married Roldolphus Lestrange over the summer -"

"Death-eaters!" James interjected.

Sirius glared at his best friend for cutting him off, "- and Andromeda wasn't there. She's been burnt off our family tapestry which means she's been disowned. But I don't know why. Cassiopeia didn't tell me anything either which definitely means something bad had happened."

"Does it matter?"

"I want to know what's happened. Cassie and Andromeda were the closest - I don't want her to be upset."

"Oh, come on Sirius. She seems perfectly fine to me. You need to stop obsessing over her. She's a Slytherin. There's a reason she hasn't told you anything and that's because she's one of them. You're not. Luckily."

"Cassiopeia is a good person though, I know it."

"You're the only person that thinks she is!"

"That maybe so, but one day you too will believe she's a good person and I will remind you that I have been right all along."