Chapter Fifty-Four

A chill ran up her spine as she strolled down the corridor towards the Great Hall. She had spent the past hour talking to a fifth-year Gryffindor prefect who had been tormented by her Slytherin counterpart. Cassiopeia was already furious that the minority of the Slytherins gave their house the reputation they were all evil and her mood was further dampened when she caught sight of Rosier, Mulciber and Wilkes loitering down the corridor from her. She would have to pass them but the looks on their faces made it clear that wasn't going to be easy. 

"Oh look, if isn't the amazing Cassiopeia Black," Mulciber spat out, "Blood-traitor."

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes, "Shut up, you are making my ears bleed."

The boys all stared at her in disgust, "You betrayed the Dark Lord, Black."

She scoffed, "I never pledged myself to his cause. Unlike you three dimwits, I was clever. So I haven't betrayed him whatsoever."

"He isn't happy with you," Rosier sneered at her as the three slowly cornered her, "Neither are your parents."

"Bellatrix was so angry she killed another family of muggles."

Cassiopeia hands clenched as she realised what the three were trying to do, "That's on her for being ignorant."

"We've been told to punish you."

"By who? Lestrange?"

The three boys were too slow as she shouted immediately, "Engorgio Skullus," Rosier's head swelled up, "Redactum Skullus," Mulciber's head shrank, "Titillando," Wilkes suddenly collapsed onto the floor as he laughed loudly, "Remember who I am and what I can do. I may not be supported by my family anymore but that does not diminish my power. Tell Lestrange to stop being a coward and confront me himself."

Cassiopeia stomped down the corridor, causing students to push each other to get out of her way. She stormed into the Great Hall, glaring at Lestrange as she sat down with the Marauders. The group were surprised that she had willingly chosen to sit with them at the Gryffindor table. 

"What are you doing?" Sirius asked her as he moved his head into the line of her glare. 

Cassiopeia simply moved her head slightly so she could glare more at Lestrange, "I'm showing Lestrange he can't scare me."

The four boys all looked at each other in confusion, "Have we missed something?" Remus asked her.

"He set his dogs on me," Cassiopeia was seething, "And the fools believed they could hex me."

Before anyone said anything, the three boys entered the room, Rosier and Mulciber's heads were both slowly going back to their original size while Wilkes was bright red and looked exhausted after all the tickling. 

"What did you do?" Peter asked her in awe. 

"I hexed them before they could hex me," Cassiopeia told them, "Made Rosier's head the size of his ego, Mulciber's the size of his brain, and brought Wilkes some joy."

The four boys laughed, "You certainly are something," Remus told her, "You would have thought that by now they would have learned to stay away from you."

"They are idiots, what do you expect? They listen to everything Lestrange tells them. It's sickening."

Sirius stared at his cousin thoughtfully before telling her, "You should come to the next Gryffindor party."