Chapter Forty-Two

"I don't get why Quidditch is such a big thing," Modesty told her two friends as she rubbed her hands together, hoping to find some warmth, "They are literally throwing a ball through a hoop."

Bertie's mouth was agape as he glared at the girl, "How am I friends with you? It is so much more than that. For one there are three hoops. They have to contend with bludgers flying towards them. It is bloody dangerous. And you have to admit seekers are talented like they have to catch the snitch! Can you see the snitch Modesty? Can you?"

Modesty groaned, "Stop talking so much, Bertie."

"Regulus is the best seeker we have had in a long time!" Bertie told her as the teams started to fly out, "He has definitely improved since his first game."

"He has certainly improved," Modesty basically drooled out as she stared at the boy. 

"First of all ew, second of all ew." Cassiopeia told her friend as she hit her arm, "That's my baby cousin you are talking about."

"He's only a year younger!"

"Doesn't stop him from being my baby cousin!"

"Why are your cousins so attractive?" Modesty told her as Sirius flew past them, "Come on, look at him. It should be illegal to look like that."

Bertie glared at her, "Can you please concentrate on the game?"

Cassiopeia's attention was solely on James. He looked as though he belonged on the pitch as he confidently threw the quaffle through one of the hoops and scored. Cassiopeia didn't care that he was their opposition, their arch-enemy. She didn't care that every time he scored, those in red screamed loudly. His hair didn't look as messy as the wind blew it back. For once he didn't spend all his time pushing his hand through it. There was a smile permanently stuck to his face as he concentrated on catching the quaffle from the Slytherin team. She had to admit he was a talented chaser. 

Cassiopeia held her breath as he flew past their stand, purposely grinning cheekily at her. 

Modesty turned to look at her friend, having seen the interaction between her friend and the chaser, "Potter's playing well today, don't you think?"

"James always plays well."

Modesty held back her grin, "It's a shame he's so arrogant."

"He isn't that arrogant."

"Such a terrible thing that he's a Gryffindor."

Cassiopeia shrugged, "I don't see why it matters anymore, we won't care once we've graduated."

Modesty laughed loudly, "Oh my."

"What?" Cassiopeia stopped looking at James for a second to frown at her closest friend, "Why are you laughing like that?"

Modesty shook her head, "No reason, Cassie. Don't worry. I'm just very happy you no longer spend so much time with Lestrange."

Bertie nodded his head, "Yeah so am - OH COME ON REF, THAT WAS A BLATANT FOUL. Sorry, what were we talking about?"

"We are talking about how good a chaser Potter is."

"He really is. Sadly. Far better than any of our chasers. I never said this but the Gryffindor team is the best team at Hogwarts."

Modesty didn't care about Quidditch as she smiled over at her friend and said, "Potter certainly is successful with his chasing."