Chapter Seventy-Six

"Cassie be careful!" Sirius shouted as he rushed over to her to help her.

She glared over at her cousin, "I was walking down the stairs, Sirius. I may be pregnant but I can still do mundane things."

"You have got to be careful with your condition."

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes as she pushed her cousin away from her, "James Fleamont Potter get your friend away from me."

Her husband suddenly appeared, "Why? What's he done? He hasn't hurt you? Sirius, she's pregnant, we have got to look after her!"

"I helped her down the stairs!" Sirius defended himself. 

"Oh, what's wrong with that Cass?" James said as he moved to help her sit down on the sofa, "Comfy? Not in pain?"

The two men sat beside her and watched her constantly, "I can't do this," Cassiopeia said as she quickly stood up.

"What's wrong?"

"Cass?"

"Please can you two leave me alone for an hour or two."

The two men both nodded, "Sure, we've got to baby-proof the house."

"You already have," Cassiopeia pointed out, "I don't think it is possible for you to do it anymore."

"You have very little faith in us, Cass."

Cassiopeia let out a sigh as she down in the kitchen beside Remus. Her hand cradled her bump as she looked over at her only sane friend. "Why can't they be like you? You actually treat me like I'm normal."

Remus laughed, "They have never been like me. You know how dramatic they can be!"

"Too bloody dramatic," Cassiopeia replied as the two men could be heard squabbling, "Reminds me of when we were at Hogwarts. Makes it hard to believe one is married with a baby on the way."

"You know he'll be a wonderful father," Remus replied, "And Sirius will completely dote on it."

"Imagine if it is a girl, he'll be enchanted with her. She'll have them both completely wrapped around her finger."

"You do realise though their influence will certainly mean your child is like them!"

"Oh no, help me, Remus."

"Everything okay in there?" James shouted.

Cassiopeia glared at the door, "You've got to help me escape Remus, they are smothering me."

Remus laughed loudly, "I can't do anything I'm afraid. You can't help that you are related to one but you did choose to marry the other."