Chapter Thirty

Lily Evans stumbled backwards as Rosier, Wilkes and Mulciber stalked her as though she was their prey. "Where are your bodyguards, mudblood?"

"Leave me alone."

Rosier walked closer towards her, his wand held up, successfully intimidating her, "Now don't be so rude, mudblood. We asked you a simple question."

"Please, leave me alone." 

"Answer the question!" Mulciber raised his voice at her as his nostrils flared and eyes widened.

Lily felt a wave of relief pass over her as she caught sight of the Marauders behind the three Slytherins. Before they could do anything however, Cassiopeia Black's voice cut through the air, "Now, what in merlin's beard is going on here?"

The Slytherin boys hastily turned around, their faces clearly paling as they lowered their wands slightly, "We were teaching the mudblood a lesson."

Cassiopeia raised her eyebrow, "I am sure you all have better, more important things to devote your time to."

Mulciber's pride was still wounded by their breakup the year before, so he stared at her in disgust as he spat out, "Don't say you are going to turn out to be a blood-traitor like your dear cousin?"

"Stop wasting your time with the muggle. You are supposed to be focusing on more important things, like your exams and your tasks," She drawled out agonisingly slowly, "You want to be valuable, don't you?"

The question caused the three boys to flinch before they raised their wands up towards her, "Be careful, Black."

Cassiopeia did not flinch, instead, she simply raised her eyebrow, "You watched me defeat my sister in a duel, why are you so confident that I won't without hesitation beat you? Are you saying that you three fifth years are stronger than THE Bellatrix Lestrange?"

Immediately, the boys lowered their wands and fled from the scene, fearing what Cassiopeia Black was capable of. 

"You defeated Bellatrix?" Sirius asked her, his voice high pitched as he was full of shock, "When? Why don't I know anything about this?"

"They call you a blood-traitor, why would they tell you anything?"

Lily stepped forward, her voice shaking as she asked, "Have you met 'him'?"

Cassiopeia turned to her, "That is none of your business, Evans."

"You're evil."

A sarcastic laugh slipped out of her mouth, "Let me give you some advice, Evans. Before you judge me, look to those close to you. I must admit Severus Snape is not my idea of a good friend. He's loyal to only himself."

"You're lying," Lily told her, "I know him better than you do."

"Do you?"

Lily nodded her head, "He's my best friend. He would never do the things you and your friends do."

"And I thought you were clever, Evans."