Chapter Thirty-Six

"I am so happy," Narcissa smiled widely at her sister, "I did not think it was possible to love someone this much. But I do. I love him with everything I have."

Cassiopeia grinned at her sister, "I am very happy for you, Cissy. You deserve it."

"I thought I was going to burst when he went down onto one knee."

"When will the wedding be?"

"Next summer," Narcissa sipped her drink, "I am going to be so busy over the next few months - you don't realise how strenuous planning a wedding is."

Cassiopeia nodded her head, "You will love it. I know what you are like Cissy."

Narcissa suddenly became serious, "I am not going to become a death eater. Apparently marrying Lucius is enough." The relief that swept across Narcissa's face made Cassiopeia smile as it showed Narcissa wasn't going to be another Bellatrix.

"I can't be who they want me to be," Cassiopeia confided.

"I know."

"I can't marry Rabastan and be like Bellatrix. I don't want to give in to the fears I have had for so long! I can't be a valuable asset -"

Narcissa cut her off as she placed her hand over Cassiopeia's, "I know, Cassie. I am your sister. I have watched you grow up. I have watched you become such a powerful witch. You have always been the strongest out of us. Just look at us! Bellatrix had become so obsessed with the Dark Lord - you know, she truly frightens me. And then there's Andromeda who only ran away after our parents questioned her and she was truly certain that muggle of hers wanted to marry her. She would not have left if it wasn't for him. And, well, I, well I may not be a death-eater but I am going to be marrying one. I will never be able to stand up to our parents. But you will. I know you will, Cassiopeia."

Cassiopeia blinked back her tears as she replied, "I don't think I am going to be able to attend your wedding, Cissy."

Narcissa smiled sadly as she squeezed her sister's hand reasurringly, "I know."