Chapter Seventy-Three

James rested on his hand as he watched Cassiopeia. The girl was silently reading her book as she twiddled her hair. "Stop being a creep."

"Wow, here I am admiring my girlfriend and I end up being called a creep."

She closed her book and placed it on the bedside table, "You really are a pain, you know that."

He laughed, "I have always been a pain, Cass. You love it."

The two stared at each other, "I'm sorry about everything that has happened. I really wish I had been wrong about Peter."

"Yeah, me too. But you weren't," James sighed, "I wonder what will happen to him."

"The Dark Lord will find him and realise we know and will probably kill him in anger," Cassiopeia told him, "Maybe we should have sent him to Azkaban."

"I hope he isn't found. He once was a brother to me."

"More people will die, James," She quietly said, "So many already dead but this is only the start. I can't see the war ending any time soon."

James shook his head, "I don't want to think about death."

"You have to."

"I can't lose anyone else, Cass, especially not you."

Cassiopeia stared over at him, "Do you remember when you came across me in the Astronomy Tower?"

"How could I ever forget?" James smiled, "It was the start of us, Cass. We wouldn't be together today if I hadn't found you."

She moved her hand so it cupped his face, "Do you remember how I told you I wanted to be happy?"

"Yes?"

"Even though we are in the middle of the war I am happy. I'm happy because of you. As long as I have you by my side I know I am going to be okay."

James smiled gently as he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, before quietly asking her, "Marry me?"

She frowned before smiling, "What?"

"Cassiopeia Elara Black I am so deeply in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you be my wife?"

She smiled widely, "Yes. A million times yes."

James laughed as he pulled her closer and kissed her passionately. "One second," He jumped off the bed and pulled a small box out of the cupboard. He then got down on one knee and revealed a small ring, "Cass, marry me?"

"I've already said yes," Cassiopeia replied as she stood in front of him and allowed him to slip the ring onto her finger.

"I love you."