Chapter Seventy-Four

Gasps echoed around the room as Cassiopeia Black walked into the bedroom. Her long brown hair was braided up into a bun, so it was away from her face, and she wore a long, white, lacy dress. The three women in the room - Andromeda, Alice and Lily - could all admit that she looked exquisite and enchanting. 

"Oh Cassiopeia, you look beautiful," Andromeda wiped a tear away, "All grown up. I am so proud of you."

Cassiopeia held out her hand to her sister, "Thank you, sister. I am so glad you are here."

"Here," Lily interrupted the sisters as she passed Cassiopeia a pale pink and white bouquet, "We picked the flowers this morning."

"Thank you so much," Cassiopeia replied, "They look wonderful."

Alice smiled at her, "Are you ready to become Mrs Potter?"

Without a moment's hesitation, Cassiopeia nodded her head, "I have never been more ready."

"Let's go then," Andromeda told her as she placed her hand on Cassiopeia's cheeks, "Let's say goodbye to Cassiopeia Black."

James Potter walked alongside Remus and Sirius towards the venue. The small garden looked beautiful with light flowers hanging down from the marquee and petals lining the aisle. "Always knew you were going to be the first to get married, prongs," Sirius told him. 

"Why's that?" James asked him with a laugh. 

"Because I'm too popular right now to settle down and Remus is being stupid and thinking no woman will ever want to love him! Moony, any girl would be lucky to marry you."

Remus rolled his eyes, "Probably has something to do with how obsessed you get, prongs. You have been obsessed with Cassiopeia since our fifth year."

"Have you seen her though - she's drop-dead gorgeous."

Sirius groaned, "That's my cousin you are talking about!" 

The two boys stared over at him, "I think it's pretty obvious they like each other," Remus joked, "You do realise James is marrying Cassiopeia today?"

Sirius raised his eyebrow, "Didn't know you could be a joker, Moony."

"Try not to sleep with any of the guests today, Padfoot," James told his friend. 

"Is there anyone I could? There's Lily but she's not my type. Any of Cassiopeia's friends coming?"

James glared at him, "Her friend Modesty is coming but don't you dare!"

"Modesty was always pretty at Hogwarts. I might go and say hello at the reception."

"You're terrible, Padfoot."

Cassiopeia took a deep breath as her sister left her to take her seat. She was nervous that she might fall over or that everyone would look at her in disgust. Although she had proven time and time again that she wasn't like her family, there were those who still judged her. 

As she took her first step down the aisle, Cassiopeia caught sight of James waiting at the end. His eyes widened as he saw her and then he smiled widely like a Cheshire cat. Their eyes never left each other as she walked closer towards him. With James in front of her, Cassiopeia knew everything was going to be okay as long as they were together. He was her future. 

Her hand was soon in his and he gave it a reassuring squeeze. Cassiopeia glanced over at him and the two smiled brightly. 

"Congratulations!" Sirius yelled at the two, "I guess we're actually related now, prongs."

The couple laughed at their drunk friend, "I think you need to slow down with the drinks, Padfoot."

"Cassie, my sweet, loving, cousin," Sirius wrapped his arm around her, "I was wondering when you were going to introduce me to your lovely friend - Modesty?"

Cassiopeia pretended to glare at him, "Don't you dare!"

"What?" Sirius placed his hand over his heart, "I just want to get to know your friends."

"Well my friend Bertie is here too, do you not want to meet him too?"

Sirius smiled, "Lily's busy entertaining him right now. We don't want Modesty to feel left out, do we?"

Fleamont and Euphemia walked over to their son and daughter-in-law causing Cassiopeia to push her cousin away, "Don't be a prick, Sirius."

"Congratulations," Euphemia smiled lovingly at the two, "You look beautiful, Cassie. You two make a wonderful couple. We are both so very happy for you."

Fleamont grinned at him, "If he drives you crazy, Cassie, come over to ours and we'll cook you a lovely meal."

Cassiopeia laughed, "Thank you, Fleamont."

The dancefloor was busy as Cassiopeia and James purposely danced badly with each other. Remus shook his head as he was pulled over to them, "Come on, moony, you know you want to dance."

"You are all crazy," Remus told everyone. 

"But you love us!" 

James stumbled after Cassiopeia into their bedroom. She turned to laugh at her husband as he smiled widely at her, "We're married."

Cassiopeia grinned at his words, "I'm so happy, James."

"My beautiful wife," James whispered softly as he kissed her neck, "It is time for you take this dress off though."

"Let me," Cassiopeia told him as she went to retrieve her wand.

"No!" James stopped her and began to try and undo the numerous buttons down her back, "How did you even get into this thing?"

She giggled, "Use magic, James. It'll be a lot quicker."

"I am not using magic, Cass. I can do it without."

Cassiopeia glanced over her shoulder at him, "James I love you but you can't."

"I'll prove you wrong, Cass."

She rolled her eyes, "You are impossible James Potter."

The newly married couple laughed together as James gave up and used a spell to undo the dress, "I love you, wife."

"And I love you, husband."