Tsunagu Hakamata/Best Jeanist x reader

You were a side kick for Best Jeanist. You were a bit rough around the edges. You weren't as elegant as Best Jeanist, so he decided to try and fix you. Well, 'fix' you was the wrong word. He wanted to help you 'overcome' your 'flaws'.

"I don't understand why you need to do this." You said crossing your arms. "Just look at you." He said holding his comb. "What's that supposed to mean?!" You asked, somewhat offended. "(Y/N), your hair is a mess. And if you want want to be my sidekick, then you need to put on these."

You took the jeans and felt less and less sure about your choice. He sat you in a chair and got his comb ready. He made your usual messy hair into a tame style.

He gave you a mirror and you were a bit shocked. "Why did you do this? I liked my hair the way it was." You said. "Now it looks presentable. Now put on your jeans and we'll patrol." He said.

You two were patrolling and he was lecturing you. "Now, you're normal reckless behavior is something you'll need to get a hold of. Try to control yourself."

You two were walking when a scream was heard. Two men ran out of a nearby store and you chased after them. They ran into an alley and you tackled one of them.

"Yes!" You exclaimed. What you didn't notice was the other perp about to attack you. You didn't reaize until his fist was centimeters away from your face. Best Jeanist used his quirk and immobilized the criminal.

Your heart beat fast as three police officers came running in and took them into custody. You stood next to Best Jeanist, not looking at him. He then began to lecture you. "Now you know why you can't be reckless." You silently nodded. He did have a point. So from then on you were a model sidekick.

You followed everything he said. You kept your hair tamed, you even wore the jeans. Best Jeanist began to respect you more and more.

So one day when you two were out patrolling again. You two had heard of a few villains went around causing trouble so you made frequent rounds.

" Do we have any eye witness descriptions?" You asked. "Not many. Keep an eye out." He said. You two noticed a few people following you from behind. Best Jeanist gently nodded and you both stopped. One gave a yell and lunged at you. Best Jeanist immobilized them.

You notified the police, but noticed one of the men trying to use their quirk. In a split second you pushed Best Jeanist out of the way and your arm got singed by his fire breathe.

Once they took the villains away, Best Jeanist turned to you with an angry look. "What were you thinking?! What have I told you?! Do you ever think?!" He yelled. You were taken a back. Usually he was calm and collected, you've never seen him angry.

You looked down and gently touched your arm. "I-I'm sorry." You began to cry. "I...I tried to do what you say. Maybe...maybe I'm not cut out to be your sidekick..." You meekly said.

Suddenly you felt arms around you. You looked up and could see Best Jeanist. "I'm not angry. I'm worried. Please try not to do that again." He said. "Okay, Best Jeanist." You said returning the hug. "Call me... Hakamata"

Word count- 586