Katsuki Bakugou X reader

You are the Pro Hero (H/N). You studied at UA and worked closely with those you graduated with. You got along with almost all of them, except Bakugou Katsuki. You had some sort of a rivalry with him, you could say. You were always trying to one up each other.

When ever you two worked together, you two always had scuffles and arguments but you did get the job done. So when the two of you were assigned to go undercover, you were less than thrilled.

"Why would you assign me with him?! He is the loudest, most conspicuous person you could have chosen!" You said. "Shut the hell up, I'm 100 times better than you!" He said getting in your face. "Tell that to all the damage you caused last week!" You yelled.

"You two, calm down. (H/N), you are one of the best for undercover. GroundZero, you are one of the strongest. We need a duo that can provide the best undercover work and can provide the power to neutralize the threat." Best Jeanist said. "Why him?!" "I can do it alone!" The two of you yelled.

Best Jeanist held up a hand and shooed you out. You fumed and Bakugou walked past. "And where do you think you're going?" You asked. "I don't need you to help. I can do it on my own." He said. "Listen, I don't want to do it either, but Best Jeanist said-" "Like I give a shit." He said.

You knew he wouldn't voluntarily allow it, so you had to think of a way to trick him. Then it hit you. "Well, I guess you're too afraid I'll one up you." He stopped in his tracks. "I mean, you must be scared that I'll get all the credit. We both know that I'm the one who can go undercover and not blow it." You said, smugly.

"Like hell, you'll just get in my way." He said, now facing you. "Yeah, I'll just be the one doing all the work. In fact, you'll be in my way." You said. He looked angry and you knew you got him. "Fine, we'll work together and I'll show you I don't need your help." Bakugou yelled. "Great, it's a date!" You said and left him, dumbfounded.

Later that week, the two of you were in a crowded club. You were scoping out a suspected drug trade. Apparently the drugs were used to give the user multiple quirks and that could be deadly in the wrong hands.

Back up was close by in case things turned sideways. You and Bakugou were dressed in clothes similar to the other patrons in the crowded club.

Bakugou, who wasn't used to undercover work, was messing with the itchy outfit and hidden mic. "Stop, you'll draw attention." You said, sipping your drink. "Shut up." He said, stopping for a moment.

The two of you scanned the club for any suspicious activity. "Over there." Bakugou pointed to a greasy looking man in the corner. "Good eye, lets move." You said. You set your drink down and the two of you made your way over to the man.

As you tried to move through the crowd of people, some one spilled their drink on Bakugou. "Watch where you're going!" He yelled. That drew the mans attention. "Shit, Bakugou, pretend to dance." You said. You grabbed the closest guy near you and began dancing with him.

You danced for a few minutes until you were sure the attention was diverted. You looked at Bakugou who was awkwardly dancing with a girl who was way too into it. "Bakugou, move in." You said. As you tried to leave, the guy caught your wrist.

"C'mon babe, we were just having fun." He said, getting too handsy for your taste. "Sorry, I'm leaving." You once again tried to yank your arm out, but he held on and pulled you in close. Trying to kiss you. As you were about to punch him, someone beat you to it. You looked and saw Bakugou with an angry look on his face.

"What are you doing?! I had it under control." "Like hell, you were gonna blow the mission because you were too scared to tell him to piss off." Bakugou began to lecture you, but you saw the suspect coming your way. You tried to shut Bakugou up, to no avail. As he walked closer, you did the first thing that came into your mind.

You grabbed Bakugou by his face and kissed him. He did nothing for a few seconds, then he began to kiss back. You had to admit, he was a great kisser. You got lost in it until you came back to your senses. You broke apart and saw the suspect moving away.

"Okay, we're good." You walked away, too embarrassed to look at Bakugou at the moment. It was just for the mission...right for the mission.

The suspect began to speak to a shady looking man near the door. You pulled Bakugou in for a kiss a few feet away from the two. For cover of course, totally.

You focused on the two's conversation and saw the drug in his hand. "Freeze!" You said. The two split up and you and Bakugou tackled the two. The police stormed the club and promptly arrested the two.

"Thanks for help you two. He was a major distributor. Good work." The chief said. "No problem, we were happy to help." You said. "Maybe we'll ask for your help again! Also you got something on your mouths." She said and left. You looked at Bakugou and saw your lipstick was smudged on his face and looked in a near by mirror to see you also had it smeared.

You blushed and quickly wiped it away. "So, back there I had to do that so we could stay undercover." You said. "Right." Bakugou said, not looking at you. The mood was awkward as you two stood doing nothing.

"Hey, good work today. Maybe we can go undercover again." Bakugou said walking away. You stood, watching Bakugou walk away. What did that mean?

Oh well, if you did go undercover again, maybe you could kiss him again.

Word count- 1044