Yandere! Dabi x reader

When it came to difficult discussions, you often shied away from speaking necessary yet harsh words. It was in your nature, you never had a fondness for conflict. The thought of hurting someone’s feelings hurt you as well.

It was an unfortunate matter of life that you couldn’t always avoid these conversations.

Even weeks later, the confrontation lingers in the back of your mind. You feel guilty in more ways than one, the method that you spoke to him being one of the most prominent. You tried to gather all your strength to see him in person, but you just couldn’t in the end. Berating yourself for your cowardice, you instead called him; to deliver your final verdict.

You called Dabi and told him you were breaking up.

The thought has been weighing on your heart. You wanted your relationship with him to work out – you put all your effort and heart into fixing the numerous issues you two had. One of the first flags you saw was how often he left at night, the excuses growing unconvincing.

To make matters worse, when you did get to spend time with him, it was plagued with arguments and petty comments. He would sometimes question your loyalty, inquiring about your friends with a clear jealous undertone.

Even now, you can clearly remember the dread interaction. Every detail is ingrained into your mind. From how he went uncharacteristically quiet, to your own racing heart.

Worst of all, you remember his rebuttal, before you grew overwhelmed and hung up the phone.

“No, we’re not.”

The declaration was severely uncaring, he was completely assured of himself. As if your feelings meant nothing, that your pain could easily be overlooked. The emotions you felt in that moment were nothing short of disgust, as you blocked his number and set yourself to move on.

Every day, you would receive a barrage of texts from unknown numbers. It was obvious that they were from Dabi, and even if you blocked them, more would appear the next day. The contents of what he sent you would range from him talking about his day, to asking about you, but grew increasingly malicious.

He would send blurry pictures of you from different angles, with a heart sent as the caption. Slowly, it became difficult to sleep at night as you realize he was stalking you – you were right in your earlier assumptions that he was no good.

“I don’t like it when you talk to them.”

“That outfit sure is cute. I like what’s underneath more though.”

“You’re adorable when you act out like this. Do you really think it’ll make a difference?”

Here in your small apartment, your lights are all off aside from your phone. The dim light shines on your face, as you look through a collection of screenshots. You’ve heard stories of the police not taking stalking serious, and to avoid that, you’ve collected all this evidence over the past few weeks.

With a sigh, you turn your phone off; flinging it onto your bed. Tomorrow you intend to go to the police with this and pray it’s enough. Otherwise, what else can you do? You feel stuck.

‘What did I do to deserve all this…’

Scrunching up your nose, you recall the last text message you received. It was two hours ago, right when you got home from work. It was an audio message, and you’ve willed yourself not to listen to it. It would undoubtedly make your anxiety worse.

But as you lay here, sleep escaping you, curiosity begins to overwhelm you.

Your bed creaks underneath you as you give into temptation, reaching out to grab your phone once more. Typing in your password and going to your messages, you don’t need to scroll through the hundreds of unknown phone numbers since it’s the latest and last one.