Villain!Shoto Todoroki x Reader

Shoto Todoroki, a notorious and infamous psychopathic villain, who is running amuck throughout Japan. All of Japan practically shook at the name and the devilish acts he has committed in the name of his idol: Izuku Midoriya. That is the one man you’d never expect to run into one early morning on the way to work. One, you didn’t realize how much you wished you weren’t late on that one unfortunate Tuesday morning.

***

Oversleeping was one thing, but losing your house keys as well? Now that was damn unfortunate. Rushing through your morning routine like a certain blue cartoon animal, you had wasted almost thirty minutes trying to find your house keys. It was the one thing that kept you from leaving. About five minutes after the hour mark is when you finally spotted them sticking out from behind one of the couch cushions. Gripping the flimsy pieces of metal in your dominant hand; you grabbed your favorite satchel bag and you were off.

With your hair and bag bouncing with every step, you continue to sprint down the street to the nearest coffee shop where you currently work as a barista. In the same direction that you’re headed in you see a black cloud of smoke but ignore it, as doesn’t seem to be important. With one corner to go, your pace quickens as does your heart beat. Then suddenly, as quickly as you turned that corner it felt as if you hit a brick wall. A brick wall of a chest to be specific.

Falling to the ground rather roughly, you begin picking up the scattered objects that flew from your unlatched satchel. “I’m so sorry, sir! I should’ve been looking where I was walking.” You explain to him as you begin to quickly pick up your spilled belongings.

Quietly, you heard the shuffling of clothing and assumed him to be helping you pick up the belongings that he helped scatter. As he began to help you collect some papers that fell from a tan folder, he responded.

“No no no, it’s quite alright, Y/N. We all get into rushes sometimes.” You could feel a smile from the way he said that sentence but it still gave you chills no matter how polite it is, he shouldn’t know your name. Before you could question him, however, he continued. “I presume it is as that is the name on some of these papers.”

With a sigh of relief, you stand up on cue with him; causing a small blush to flush your face.

“Well I’m sorry Mr.-”

“Todoroki. Shoto Todoroki.”

“Oh well-” You paused as your blood ran cold. That is the name of one of the current most prolific serial killers currently roaming the streets of Japan. You never would’ve expected someone to show a face like his in broad daylight, but surprise, here he was acting like a normal everyday citizen, but even normal citizens don’t walk around in soot or black powder.

Forcing a fake smile to your lips you acted like you did not recognize him or his name. “Mr. Todoroki it was nice meeting you, but I should go. As you guessed correctly, I am in quite a rush. Sorry again for running into you like that.” You bow in respect and then rush past the man as quickly and casually as you can make it seem.

“Till we meet again, Y/N.” You hear his cold voice call out from behind you, that smile still chillingly evident in his voice.

When you turned the corner, however, your heart dropped to your stomach. There, across the street, lay your work. The coffee shop that you have been visiting for years as a child and working at for almost a year lay in ashes. The black smoke that you had so easily overlooked was the cafe, and it made you sick to your stomach of how nonchalant you thought of that cloud of smoke earlier.

Running across the street in fear, you eye the charred remains of what surely had to be the owners and some customers. With tears in your eyes you exclaim, “You’ll regret this Shoto Todoroki !”