All Might x reader part 2

Between the world of sleep and reality, the familiar feelings swam queasy in your gut. It was a dream, you reminded yourself. One that haunted you like an irritating spectre at the most inconvenient times of deep sleep. You groaned and slapped a hand against your phone to check the time.

It was 7 am on a Friday. One more mundane day at work and you’d be off the whole weekend. It was the only positive thought guiding you through the morning routine of eating a measly breakfast, brushing your teeth, and slipping on the perfectly tailored uniform.

You were out the door and at the train station in half an hour. Several times your head nodded off against the metal railings only to jolt back up when the stops were announced. Finally at work, you parked your butt in the sparsely padded office chair and sighed.

Eight to ten hours of this and you’d be free.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Have a good weekend!”

You waved to your coworker and smiled. It took just about fifteen minutes to finish the spreadsheet and you were out the door. Lord, there was nothing like this feeling; the lovely purple-pink sky and smell of fresh air greeting you just outside. The trains were pretty busy and packed, but where you were headed was usually the best quiet zone in the city.

A small tea, coffee, and liquor bar hidden deep within your favourite part of town. Your sacred spot to unwind after a week’s worth staring at a mind-melting computer screen. You hopped off the train and whistled pleasantly down the road. The familiar smells of the shop could be detected a block down. A shiver of excitement coursed through every ache in your body.

Out front, a metal A-frame read “Open”. Underneath a cat slept soundly atop a very plush looking pillow. You smiled and pet it’s head lovingly.

“Don’t work too hard, Mimi.”

As soon as you walked in, the feeling and warmth of home washed over you. It was a placid night with very few patrons at the bar and dining area. The bartender smiled and nodded as you sat at the corner chair, waving.

“Haven’t seen you all week. Thought you fell for someone else.”

“Yeah, well… maybe if my drinks keep magically refilling themselves and the tab disappears, who knows what’ll happen?”

The bartender scoffed and smiled, nearly finished shaking up your usual poison. Sinking down into the comfortable stool, you sighed with contentment. A great drink, some chips on the side, and mindless television in the background were the makings of a lovely evening for you.

Life wasn’t all that hard, to be fair. Work was stable, you had a small but quaint apartment, and once in a while, you hung out with friends and family at events. Your life was different, way different from before… but you couldn’t complain.

You were leaning on your elbow, working on a second drink when your eyes closed. You felt at peace, calm, and truly happy. Like you could drift away at any moment and you wouldn’t mind one bit…

“Um… excuse me, miss?”

A voice from behind interrupted your peace. You tried not to groan aloud. It didn’t happen often, but usually, when someone came to disturb your sweet serenity, it was filled with shit pick up lines and sleazy smiles.

You sipped from your drink and sighed. “Yes, I’m single. No, I’m not looking. And fair warning, if you buy me a drink it doesn’t guarantee a “happy ending”.”

There was a soft laugh between coughs and you lifted an eyebrow.

“No, no, hah… You uh, dropped this.”