Tamaki x reader

Soulmates, everyone had one. There were two ways you would know someone was your soulmate, a black patch on your skin and the first words they would ever say to you. When you both touch for the first time the spot bursts into color and the words on your skin seem to glow as your soulmates say them before turning bright gold. As long as you and your soulmate are alive, the words stayed gold.

Some kids were lucky, getting their soulmates early on in life. They would spend days talking and playing with these kids and becoming close friends until they were old enough to finally date. Some people didn't meet their soulmate until they were adults and others never meet their soulmate.

But you? You had given up on finding your soulmate long ago. Being the only kid in your school without a soulmate leads to lots of bullying ((Mainly done by people in twos of course)) and by middle school, you hid the words scribbled on your skin in shame of being seen and hoped no one asked about your soulmate. While kids were proudly showing their golden marks you were hiding out in the library or listening to music.

When high school started you finally seemed to escape from soulmates and everyone asking. Since everyone had already met their soulmate no one bothered you, you didn't get close to many kids and hid from any sort of interaction in fear of getting bullied again.

So when you transferred to UA for your last year of hero training you didn't expect much. Just finish your school year, become a pro hero, and pray to god that you don't get caught up with a soulmate.

It wasn't that you didn't want one, it just seemed like a bother. Everyone acted as if soulmates were this great thing but you saw no point in it. Why would you need a soulmate when you were a hero? You would be busy saving lives, no time for a boyfriend or girlfriend.

But maybe this year would be different and a part of you hoped maybe you would find your soulmate and finally fit in. If you found them you could finally get friends, hopefully, your soulmate was nice...You couldn't handle meeting your soulmate to only find out they are a total jerk or some overconfident playboy.

As always you had your head down as you scurried around the hallways of the large school. So far no one had tried to talk to you, thank god for that. You didn't want to introduce yourself to the class and go through the humiliation of having kids rush up and try to talk and be your friend. You were kinda introverted but it might be because of your past, given the chance maybe you could be a bit more outgoing.

The safety of the classroom was just at your fingertips. So close, you could already imagine the sweet relief of sitting in your seat at the back, quietly doing work and no one staring at you or judging you. Perhaps they would see you for your quirk and power instead of your mark, that would be nice.

Of course, nothing is simple and you bumped into a tall, dark-haired boy before you could even open the door. His head turned to stare at you as you tumbled backward and fell onto the floor. What a great way to meet your first classmate.

"Ack! Sorry, I didn't mean to get in your way." You mumbled as you rubbed your head. His eyes widened as he backed away from you, shock and embarrassment on his face. His friends turned and stared at you, then back at him, then back at you confused.

Geez, he wasn't even gonna help you up or say sorry? If he didn't look so scared you might've been mad.

"Um ok then..." You stood up and grabbed your books from the floor, the boy watching you in silence as he shook in his spot. When you went to grab a book by his feet your arm brushed against his ankle, and the next thing you knew your arm was bursting in shades of violet and pink. "What the-"

The colors made your head spin and your arm feel warm. You leaned back onto your knees and stared at your arm in fascination, the boy was sputtering and shaking even harder.