BakuDeku

He sat and stared at the clock from his bed, 12:30. He was once again late.

-2 weeks earlier-

"Deku if we're late again cause you want to take your time, I'm going to kill you" On cue, the green-haired 20 years old popped around the corner, slipping on his signature red sneakers, "I'm coming, don't worry!" He ran past his irritated partner before he could close the door on him.

After locking up, the two made their way to work. Both men rode the same train but had to part ways to their own routes as they worked for different agencies. Neither of them minded it too much, except for when one got caught up with hero work and got home late.

Bakugou works with Best Jeanist's agency, while Deku ended up working with Nighteye's. They usually didn't have too many fights, most work having only to do with paperwork or small criminals. But sometimes one of them would get caught up with a serious battle, which is the main reason one may come home late.

But lately, Bakugou has had a steady amount of holdups lately.

At first, Deku thought nothing of it, honestly thinking that villains were the cause for his lateness. As time went on, however, he started waking up to Bakugou sometimes looking disheveled. He would also have a weird look in his eye once he got up. Possibly...worry? One night, he stayed up for him, to find out what had been the cause of all this.

As the ash-blonde quietly walked in, he jumped slightly at the sight of his boyfriend sitting on the edge of their bed. He stopped at first, looking like a deer caught in headlights. He then frowned, and dropped his stuff on the floor, "What the hell are you doing awake, Deku?"

His boyfriend responded calmly, "I thought I'd stay up and wait for you." He glanced at the clock on the bedside table, "You know, it's quite late to be coming home at 2:30 am." At this point, irritation started to flicker in Bakugou.

"What the hell? Why are you concerned? I just got held up at work, that's all!" He went in front of their closet to change out of the clothes he was wearing, but Deku had gotten up and grabbed Bakugou's hand, gentle but still firm, "You look a little messy, didn't you work in your hero outfit?" The ash-blonde scoffed and pulled away from Midoriya. He paused for a moment before looking into his green eyes, "Do you really want to know?" All he could respond with was a nod.

Bakugou removed his jacket and shirt, and a giant area on his stomach has been wrapped. He slowly removed the bandages, revealing a large wound, that looks like it was tampered with recently, "I got into a battle with a villain a while back.. he pierced into a part of my stomach. I had told first responders not to call anyone for me. They let me out to rest at home but told me they can't heal it completely due to the quirk of the villain... Every day I go out, I don't go out to fight, but to get treatments to keep it from getting worse... The doctors told me that it injured my body so much... the treatments may stop working...and I...I..."

Tears were welling in his eyes. He felt guilt, shame, humiliated. He hadn't planned to tell him this until later. He didn't want him to know, so they could enjoy time together without worrying about a limit. He stood there, angry at himself, "I don't want to go...they said it could be maybe a few months, maybe sooner..." He looked up, tears now falling like rain down his cheeks, "I don't want to die Izuku..!"

It felt as though he had gotten shot. Deku stared at his partner, trying to process everything he had said. Once he came to, he reached out and pulled him into his arms. Tears also began to pour from his eyes. He had never known his boyfriend was keeping this all to himself, keeping these emotions bottled up.

"Hey..." he held Bakugou's face in his hands and looked into his now dull red eyes, "you're gonna be okay... I'm not going to let you go. I'll always be by your side, supporting you. No matter what, I love you Kacchan." This cause Bakugou to lose composure again, and held the green-haired male closely, wailing more than before.

That night, they spent the night talking with each other, understanding more of the situation. They came up with a plan to fight the injury and for Katsuki to be able to do hero work again.

But it wasn't enough

-6 months later-

"Hey Kacchan, I'm back!" He sat down next to him, "Today was eventful, two villains managed to steal over 2.7 million in cash from a local bank. We caught them, but they caused a lot of damage. No one got hurt though, so that's good." Suddenly remembering something, he jumped a little, "Oh! I almost forgot! I brought you flowers! They're called Primroses, they represent love." He placed the flowers down.

Deku laid back and stared at the clear blue sky, with a few white clouds here and there, "It's" peaceful here..." Water began to blind his sight, "...I miss you, you know? Every day." Wiping tears away, he stood up. He gently traced the name engraved on the tombstone, before turning away. But he paused for just one moment, and glanced back at him,

"I will always be by you. See you soon, Katsuki."

Word count- 953