Eijirou Kirishima X Katsuki Bakugou

Eijirou Kirishima never saw it coming as was sitting in the chair on his own. He was startled when Bakugou suddenly opened the balcony doors and leaned against the railing of his own balcony. He felt his cheeks heat up right when Bakugou looked over at him. His heart raced and Eijirou quickly waved and stumbled out of his chair and back into his room and closed the doors and slid his back down against the door as he gripped the shirt in his fist where his heart was beating like crazy. The image of Bakugou looking up into the starry night sky with a soft look. He was sure he was the only one, besides Bakugou’s parents, that was able to see Bakugou’s soft features. Ruby red eyes weren’t in a permanent glare but wide and gentle. Eijirou groaned as he rolled onto his side and grabbed a nearby pillow to stuff his face into to scream a little. Eijirou was fucked. He likes Bakugou.

The feeling started a few months ago when their class was formed. Bakugou stood out which made Eijirou notice him immediately. Eijirou wanted to befriend him quickly. He was lucky that Bakugou never seemed to push him away like the others. Either that or it was because Eijirou refused to leave Bakugou alone and made sure to keep him in check. Since then, Eijirou felt close to him.

The feeling of his heart speeding up and his face becoming flushed was when he caught Bakugou on his own balcony one night. Just staring up into the night sky with that soft expression. Bakugou looked beautiful and Eijirou had to quickly go back into his room like he was now and have a mini freak out. Except, back then, he didn’t know why. That was until Deku said something about Eijirou’s behavior change towards Bakugou last week.

“How do you feel about Kacchan Kirishima?” Deku was walking beside the red head as they were heading towards Ground Gamma for training.

Eijirou instantly felt his heart race as he looked ahead and caught sight of the ashy blonde. “I feel really close to him. Why do you ask Midoriya?” He awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of his neck and looked everywhere but at Deku’s expectant gaze.

“Just wondering. You act different every time Kacchan looks at you. You started blushing too.” Deku looked at him with curious green eyes and small nervous smirk playing on his lips and Eijirou grew nervous. “You like him.” Eijirou stopped in his tracks and stared at the other and felt his face heat up he glanced back over to the ashy blonde and his breath caught when he locked eyes with Bakugou and he felt his face heat up even more and looked away only find Deku smiling at him. “You do. That,” he gestured to the situation that just went down, “says that you do. It’s okay Kirishima. I won’t say anything. Just wanted to make sure I was right.” He straightened the sleeve of his hero suit out and patted Eijirou on the back for support.

Ever since then, Eijirou tried his best to avoid Bakugou and the explosive hero-in-training was surprisingly insistent on trying to figure out what was wrong and ‘why he hasn’t been around him often.’ He would just shrug, afraid to say anything in fear that he might spill his feelings onto the other. Days went on like those awkward situations to get where he was tonight. Coming to terms with the fact that Eijirou Kirishima likes Katsuki Bakugou.

The next day was like any other day but Eijirou couldn’t stop glancing over across the classroom at Bakugou. He was being so obvious that Kaminari and Sero asked him what his deal with Bakugou was and Eijirou brushed them off with an excuse that he was figuring things out. Which was true but not necessarily the whole truth.

When they all got back to the dorms, Eijirou sat with Deku’s group to avoid the questioning looks from the Bakusquad and the questing glares from Bakugou himself. He ate while trying to ignore the other by joining the conversation with Midoriya and quickly washed up the dishes in silence with them and headed off towards his room without a glance at all to the ashy blonde. He sighed as soon as he shut his door and decided to do his homework.

After two hours of nothing but figuring out equations and hero work, he needed fresh air and headed out to his balcony. He closed the doors and made sure they were unlocked for him to enter in again, he learned a hard lesson one time. He turned around and nearly had a heart attack. “What the hell Bakugou!?” Said blonde was on his own balcony on the side that faced his and was looking at him.

The blonde clicked his tongue. “About damn time you. You’ve been avoiding me for a week Kirishima.” Bakugou leaned a bit further on the railing and glared at him.

Eijirou wanted to run back into his room but Bakugou was making that impossible. He can’t run away anymore. He nervously laughed and scratched at his cheek and looked away from those gorgeous ruby eyes. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Don’t avoid the fucking question.” Bakugou moved to stand up on the railing and hoped over to Eijirou’s which made the red head stumble back into the chair behind him. “You haven’t been hanging around me since the beginning of this week and every time you’re out here, one look you get from me has you running back into your room. Are you-” Bakugou sat down in the chair across from his and looked at his feet. Eijirou took note of how nervous Bakugou seemed to be, “Are you scared of me now too? I saw you talking to shitty Deku the other day. Did he say something to you to make you want to avoid me?”

The red head jerked his head up to meet with matching ruby eyes. “What? No! Nothing like that at all.” Eijirou was trapped. He made Bakugou think he didn’t want to be around him anymore. He searched Bakugou’s eyes and noticed the glint of curiosity and unsureness. I guess it’s now or never. Eijirou swallowed and sat back in his chair and cleared his throat. “It’s not like I was purposefully avoiding you. Well, I was but not for the reasons you’re thinking. I’ve just had a wake-up call from Midoriya.”

Eijirou peeked at Bakugou from the fringe of his hair and swallowed again as Bakugou kept a steady gaze on him. “Look, Bakugou, I kind of like you. A lot. I was avoiding you because Deku opened my eyes about my feelings and I was coming to terms with it. I just wanted to tell you so that-“

            “Eijirou.” Bakugou cut him off and Eijirou felt his cheeks heat up a bit at the sound of his first name coming from Bakugou’s voice. He hesitantly looked at him and blushed a bit deeper when he noticed that Bakugou was looking at him with that soft gaze he fell hard for. Then, Bakugou smiled at him and Eijirou felt his face explode. “I’m glad.” He watched as Bakugou stood up and hoped back over onto his own balcony and as he reached for the door, he looked back at Eijirou. “I’ve liked you since you first glanced at me.” He disappeared into his room, leaving Eijirou to take what he just said in.

He shot up from his chair and felt a huge grin form on his face and couldn’t help the giggle. He raised a fist up into the air and pumped it back down in victory. “Score!”

He covered his mouth as soon as he heard the doors open again and Bakugou peek his head out. “Are you coming over or not Ei?” He smirked when Eijirou nodded his head a yes and went inside to grab his phone and hopped over the railings and into Bakugou’s room.

Katsuki Bakugou never saw it coming as soon as he saw a loud red head glance his way the first day of class.

Word count- 1381