shoto todoroki x reader

Warning- angst

Blood sputtering out of your mouth, you felt a writhing, harrowing pain and clenched your abdomen, slowly feeling the life leak out of your frail, weakening body.

“Ahhh…” you exhaled, a soft, defeated smile coming to your face. “I guess I am pretty stupid, huh?”

You turned your head to look at Shoto, who was now kneeling beside you. If you were to die, you should find something pretty to stare at, right?

The smile was wiped off your face as you gazed upon the silent boy, horror masking his features, tears falling onto his cheeks and dripping down his chin. You weakly reached out to hold his hand in reassurance, letting him know that you didn’t regret jumping in front of him to save his life.

A cough shook your body as the dark red pool around you increased in size. “S-Shoto-kun, why the long face?”

He clenched your hand so hard you thought your weak bones would snap, just like everything in your life. “N-No… Please tell me this isn’t happening… This is a nightmare, right? That’s right… It’s just a nightmare…” he whispered, tears pouring down his cheeks, as he rocked his body back and forth, trying to find a source of comfort. “This can’t be real, right? You’re not dying, are you?”

“Shoto, if anything, I’m more concerned about the fact that you’re crying right now,” you said, as a giggle escaped your lips. Anything to alleviate the blistering pain that made you want to shout out a blood-curdling scream, the swooping nausea that threatened to make you vomit. “Who knew the cold, stoic boy from 1-A was capable of feeling any emotio-”

You coughed violently, blood gushing from your wounds. You knew that you didn’t have much time left before you died from blood loss. “Todo-kun… Don’t be sad, please. Stay strong,” you said, your voice a barely audible mutter.

“NO!” Shoto screamed, his eyes wide in terror. Desperately, he tried to push the blood back as it spread, the wine-red liquid staining his fingers. “M-Make it go back. Stop it,” he said in a monotone voice.

“Shh… It’s okay, Shoto. You won’t remember me in a few years time, anyways,” you soothed him with a bittersweet tone in your voice, rubbing your bloodied fingerprint in circles on the back of his hand. How ironic that you were the one comforting him as you bled to death.

You felt the dizziness overcome you, and you closed your eyes with a smile on your face. Your love would go unrequited, your ambitions and dreams for the future crushed. But it was worth the price, wasn’t it? The fact that you got to spend a tender moment with your crush, who seemed so high and unattainable from the start. A feeling of warmth spread through your body and you faded away, just another death in this massive, unfeeling world.

Sobs wracked Shoto’s body, ripping his heart apart as he cradled your lifeless body in his arms.

Word count- 512