shinsou x reader

inside your dorm room you sleep fitfully, blankets twisting around your form with each toss and turn. thunder rumbles softly in the distance, bright flashes of lightning illuminate your dark room as a summer storm slowly approaches. you awake with a start, sitting straight up your bed. clenching the sheets in your hands you heave panicked breaths into your lungs, shifting your gaze to the alarm clock warily. it reads 2:47 am.

“fuck” you breathe out shakily.

still reeling from the nightmare, you back yourself into the corner of your bed, tilting your head back up against the wall. a cool breeze gently wafts in through the window smelling of incoming rain. it caresses your face as you wrap your arms around your knees, pulling them in tightly. taking the hem of your oversized shirt, you wipe the sweat from your forehead glaring into the darkness.

‘ i cant deal with this shit anymore, i feel like im going to lose it ‘

your eyes burn and your throat tightens as you recall past trauma unwillingly, things you’d rather forget. these issues wormed themselves into your dreams, taunting and sneering at you. glancing at your phone, you reach a tremulous hand over the messily strewn sheets and unplug it from its charger. as the screen is turned to face you, it lights up showing various texts from your friends.

your phone background is a photo of you and shinsou. in it your arm is wrapped around his shoulder pinching his cheek while your other arm is stretched out, taking the photo. shinsou’s hand peeks out above your head, making the bunny ears motion while his other hand flips off the camera. you have a huge dorky grin on your face which contrasts to shinsou’s deadpanning. it’s one of your favorite photos of each other. you guys spent that entire day together, hanging out at a cat cafe and then going to the beach. scrolling through the notifs, your phone screen illuminates your weary eyes, highlighting the dark bags and tears lining them.

2:50
friday, june xx

pika pika ;) :
yo y/n~ you still on for seeing that movie tomorrow night with kiri, shinsou and I?!?! >;))

jirou!! :
hey y/n, i made another spotify playlist for you :) tell me when you check it out. i love the one you made!

hitoshi!!! <33 :
y/n... what the hell kind of cursed cat is that?? pls send more lol

the only text you focus on is the one from shinsou. you guys are very close, have been since you met him at the beginning of the year. you’d be lying though if you said that you didn’t fall for him, it was so easy. fuck, you knew you were a goner as soon as you met him. it didn’t help that he was so insanely beautiful, inside and out. since you guys become friends, you’ve built up his confidence about his quirk and his strength. through your incessant bothering, you’ve convinced shinsou that no matter what others say he’s going to become an amazing pro hero. you don’t know it, but he credits you for saving his life.

‘ should i call him? i dont want to bother him so late.. but he’d also be mad if he found out i was upset like this and didn’t go to him. i just don’t want to be alone right now, i can’t be alone right now ‘

you open his contact hesitantly, unsure of what to do. you wipe your teary eyes, deciding to go through with it, you press the call button. shakily sucking in your breath, you wait for shinsou to answer, praying that he’ll answer. it rings only twice before he picks up.

“y/n? hey, what’s going on? i thought you were already asleep“ he says mumbling into the phone sleepily.

attempting to steady your voice, you say, “im sorry hitoshi, i had a nightmare.. i just, i just don’t feel okay right now“ your voice cracks a bit embarrassing you.