FOUR

"I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin'"
__________________________

GABRIELA

I walked down the steps slowing seeing the two eldest standing in front of the door. I looked between them and their father seeing how similar they looked except for their eye colors which were a mix of blue and green. The youngest Ava looked like an exact copy of her mom. As I reached the bottom step their eyes quickly fixated on me and I smiled awkwardly.

"Kids this is your new nanny, meet Gabriela" Mr.King introduced me and I waved feeling the awkward tension in the room. I watched the smile on the little girls face grow wider meanwhile the oldest two looked unfazed and uninterested.

"Why did you fire Mindy? She was perfectly fine" Jayden spoke up first while looking over at his father.

"Oh nothing... I didn't like her for you guys" Ariel answers and I see everyone look at her meanwhile Ava was too busy staring at me and waving.

"You said that she was stealing Ariel..." He groaned in anger and I watched his fist ball up, he grabbed his wife hand and rushes past me and a few minutes later a door slammed shut.

"Don't be scared they do this all the time Gaby" I heard Aubrey say as she walks past me to go upstairs. I cringe at the nickname but hold in the comment to not call me that because I wanted them to get comfortable with me.

"Ms.Gaby can you help me with my homework?" Ava's small hands pulls me by my hand. I follow her into large living room that was colored in different shades of grey. She grabbed the book bag from the sofa and I watched as she took out her math homework, I sit down next to her. She only needed help with adding two digit numbers and twenty minutes later we were done.

 She only needed help with adding two digit numbers and twenty minutes later we were done

"I didn't like Ms.Mindy... she was mean and never wanted to play with me" The little girl said catching me off guard and I look at her.

"Why didn't she play with you?" Ava pushed her shoulder length dark blonde hair out her face and looked at me smiling.

"She was bothering daddy when mommy wasn't around. That's why mommy and daddy were fighting before you came here" I stayed quiet while the small child spoke with the non-existent filter. Damn kids really be say anything...

I looked around the house seeing if anyone else was around but all I saw was Gigi in the kitchen. I stood up excusing myself from the smart girl and walked upstairs. I heard music blaring from a room and I knocked on the door hearing them lower the music. The door opened revealing the teenage boy without his shirt and he looked at me up and down.

"Yes?" Jayden said with an attitude clearly showing me that he didn't want to speak to me. I ignored it and smiled nicely seeing him raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing I just wanted to talk to you" I said and he opened the door wider allowing me to walk inside his dark green painted room. I looked around the messy room and then at the mini Mr.King.